R4 SDHC 3DS DSi, stuck at NDS boot screen

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by digital8, Jul 18, 2013.

1. digital8
    OP

digital8 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2009
    Netherlands
    Hi, i have this R4 SDHC 3DS DSi Dual-Core card here that is stuck at the NDS boot screen.

A update to the latest firmware has been done successfully after this update the message cycle power appeared, but after the power cycle the card gets stuck at the NDS boot screen this also happens when the SD card is not inside the R4 card.

I am unable to flash new firmware because i can't access the R4 menu.

Does anyone know how to resolve this, is it maybe possible to flash the card from Windows..?

Attached Files:

2. digital8
    OP

digital8 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2009
    Netherlands
    I just tried swaping cards to try and flash the "bricked" card but the the R4i Flash writer gets stuck on Erasing Device...

[Edit]
    After rebooting the NDS it no longer gets stuck at the NDS boot-screen, instead the R4 card isn't recognized anymore probably because there is no firmware in the card anymore.

Attached Files:

3. digital8
    OP

digital8 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2009
    Netherlands
    Does anyone know if there is some sort of emergency firmware, for these kind of instances.?

4. master801

master801 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2011
    United States
    Buy a new flash cart? I recommend DsTwo. It may not be cheap but, it is totally worth it in the end.

5. digital8
    OP

digital8 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2009
    Netherlands
    Yeah, thats what i feared, o well, time to order a new card I guess...