Hacking R4 Problems

grihmmm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to flash cartridges, but not to forums, so we all know how this thread is going to go.

I bought a R4i Gold Plus card from r4ids.com. Specifically, this link: http://www.r4igold3ds.com/products/R4i-Gold-Plus-Deluxe-Edition-Card-for-Nintendo-3DS-DSi-DS.html.

I put my micro sd card 32gb into it and downloaded the firmware version 3.0 from this link: http://r4ids.com/index.php/en/r4i-gold-plus-download.

I then put it into my Nintendo DS (original) and it is not being recognized. I have tried putting a piece of paper in with it but it doesn't seem to be working. What would you advise I do?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
just a correction here
first of all Kernel and Firmware are different, Kernel is the Menu of the cart that allow game compatibility
Firmware is what you dont see and allows console compatibility

now on to the problem
when you say not recognized you mean the cart shows up blank?
this either means the MicroSD card isnt being read or the file are corrupt on it
or your bricked the card by using a bad Firmware update or powered off when applying a firmware update

when copying kernel to a MicroSD DO NOT! just extract to the MicroSD using Winrar or Winzip or whatever you use
make sure you extract to a folder on your PC first and then copy the files to the MicroSD

still nothing working

Format the MicroSD using "SD Formatter 4.0" google will sort that for you

after formatting try again with the Kernel extracting to desktop or somewhere and then copy to MicroSD and see if it boots

failing that try a smaller MicroSD or just another to see what happens

still nope means most likely was a bad Firmware flash and the card is bricked
you can fix a bricked card without another flashcard to load up the update and swap the cards then apply it

try these and see if they work

grihmmm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted the card using SD Formatter 4.0, downloaded a fresh archive from r4ids.com, extracted it to a folder, copied the files over, and it didn't work. I tried with the 32gb sd card and a 2gb sd card. I think I may have bricked the card since I put the kernel from r4ids.cn on the card at first and tried to use it but it didn't work. I then had to power down and I have had problems ever since. You said there is a way to unbrick my card without another flashcard? Also, would this card be bricked on another nds system? I am actually testing it on a friend's nds before I go and buy my own. So if it is only bricked on this system that would be great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.