Hacking R4 (or N5) infinite loading

Spider123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I'm new here so sorry if I do anything wrong. I decided to put this here because it's an R4 clone but if it goes somewhere else, my bad. Without further ado, my issue:

I decided I wanted to update my firmware today, so I copied and pasted all the main files (system, DS Menu etc.) into an extra folder in case anything went wrong and replaced the system folder with the new root one. I started up my Ds and it worked fine, but then I realised I didn't put the new DS Menu file. I replaced the old one and strted up my DS again, although this time it was stuck in an infinite loading scree. I put back the old DS Menu file and tried again, same thing. At this point I just said forget and put back all the old files, still loading. I really have no idea what to do, I assumed if I put back all the old files it would work like before but apparently not, is my N5 broken or can I still fix it?

Spider123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I pretty much search it up on Google and take it from there? What exactly would it do, and why would it change from the way my SD was an hour ago?

Spider123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man thanks a lot, it's working now
biggrin.gif
. Now to take a look at the tutorial and update the RIGHT way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)