Hacking R4 Loading Screen

xDarkElement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a real r4 that i bought awhile ago for like 45$? I know their cheaper now haha. When i turned it on today, it gets stuck at the loading screen. I tried taking out the sd card and booting up the r4, but its still stuck. Any fix for this?

yondiame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this happen to me last time.. i said WTF! XD... but i just turned off and took out the chip and blew the nds and stick it back and turned it back on... if not XD try to download the new karnel or re-format it... if this doesn't help XD that sucks for you.. bought it for like $45

Panic101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try these steps I compiled maybe they can help you.

How To Troubleshoot Your Flashcart:

STEP 1: Make sure you're not using the card reader that comes with the flashcart. Buy your own. Always use the "Add/Remove Hardware Safely" function before removing the reader.
STEP 2: Check your microSD card for smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
STEP 3: Check your Flashcart for any abrasions or smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
STEP 4: Possibly, your Flashcart is not making perfect contact the DS. Try the "Paper Shim Trick" to close the gap and make the space tighter.
STEP 5: Copy all of your games and saves off your microsd card to your computer (BACKUP). Download the latest "Panasonic SD Formatter" and do a full format with this application. Install the latest firmware again from a different/reliable site. Then add on your games and saves to the newly formatted card.
STEP 6: Try another DS. If possible.
STEP 7: Possibly the "GAMES" you have are faulty. You know what to do here...
STEP 8: If all else fails, get a new Flashcart and/or MicroSD Card from a reputable site.

Tell us how it goes. Good luck.

xDarkElement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it has smudges compared to my mario kart. anyone have any idea how to get the smudges off? my qtip is too big, cant fit through.

xDarkElement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, i tried cleaning it. Got all the smudges/junk out. Still stuck.
Formatted the sd card. nothing.
gonna have to get another flashcart other than a r4 haha

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xDarkElement said:
If you're looking for something good and cheap, you should go for the AK2.
http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18728

That's the cheapest place to get it, but they often take quite some time to ship stuff. Probably a good idea to get a new one anyway, the R4 has aged terribly.
tongue.gif

Panic101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xDarkElement said:

I think the R4 can run the YSMENU? I'm not sure but look into that alternative firmware. Get it from a reputable site.

xDarkElement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The r4 was running on ysmenu already. It worked for around 1 or 2 years already haha.
Gonna get a ak2 i guess.
The r4 had this thing inside of it and whenever you shook it, it would make a noise. The spring worked fine. Maybe it was that problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Andy didn't get any catholic toys because they wouldn't go limp when they saw him