R4 ds cheat problem

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Darkraifighter, Oct 11, 2008.

Oct 11, 2008

R4 ds cheat problem by Darkraifighter at 1:57 PM (4,635 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Darkraifighter
    OP

Newcomer Darkraifighter Newbie

United States
    some cheats in my r4 ds dont work anymore
    somebody know what my problem is and what i can do about it

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

this is caused by TOO MANY CHEATS for the R4 to handle [​IMG]

solution is to grab Narin's CHEAT(UE).DAT.zip which has only ENGLISH cheats (Jap etc have been removed) and rename it to USRCHEAT and use that instead and then your cheats will show up again [​IMG]

3. Darkraifighter
    OP

Newcomer Darkraifighter Newbie

United States
    ok tanks

4. Raven Darkheart

Member Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    use something called the search function and you can find something called R4 Custcim
    There are one or 2 of these silly threads a week

just stop it

5. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

The user just 2 POSTS!

give them a break and help instead of just FLYING OFF THE HANDLE from the off you have to give some users the BENEFIT of the DOUBT!

6. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    What the heck is "R4 Custcim"? ...I can only presume you were trying to refer to "r4cce08" (R4 Cheat Code Editor). @Darhraifighter, this is the program you use on your PC to edit Narin's cheat database file, by removing all the foreign games you don't use.

@kobykaan,
    Just curious why you recommended to rename cheat.dat to usrcheat, as the cheat.dat works natively on the R4?

7. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    one is encrypted one isn't they both work on the r4 and both of them do not need to be present to get cheats working.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=84991

To R4DS Users:
    To R4 users and its clones, use either CHEAT.dat or USRCHEAT.dat and not both, using both will cause some codes and games not to show up.

For those having problems with some games not showing up like Yu-Gi-Oh its due to a bug/limit in your flashcart (R4, M3 Simply, ect) and you have a few options.
    Plese check out this notice for more information on how to fix this problem:
    http://cheats.gbatemp.net/#notice

Note:
    An update tonight folks! Sorry for the late post, I ended up uploading the update hours ago but ended up dozing off before I can make a post about it. Also if you find nay codes, please post them or link them here, thanks.

For R4DS users and its clones
    The R4DS contains a flaw that prevents some cheats from working on it. Though luckily there is a fix! Thanks to Yasu, the creator of R4CCE, there is a patch for the R4DS kernel that makes the cheats work. The program is called r4bugfix2 and you can get it on Yasu's English software page here. Its easy enough to use, all you have to do is simply drop your _DS_MENU.DAT file from the R4 kernel on the r4bugfix.exe program. and it will patch it. Alternately, you can copy the file to the same folder as the r4bugfix file and click the execute. Afterwards, place the patched _DS_MENU.DAT file on your flashcart. Also, as with updating your firmware, I suggest deleting the _DS_MENU.SYS file and allow the R4DS to recreate it to prevent problems.

Note: You can find the pre-patched _DS_MENU.DAT file here for the R4DS 1.18 kernel.

-another world

8. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    Or you can use YSMenu which has zero problems with cheats nor have the bugs and limits the R4 firmware has.

9. Raven Darkheart

United States
    when you see one or 2 of the same threads every week it gets lame...
    read my blog on silly stupid pirates

10. jagerstaffel

Member jagerstaffel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    "it gets lame"....

Wow. You got like, a minus score in my book. This is an R4 forum, there's bound to be noob questions of the R4 and its many clones. Lately I've been seeing people who have resurrected their R4's from isolation for months. These people have valid questions in the proper forum. If they were posting these in the "games" section then you have a point. But the fact remains people ask for help in the R4 forums so it's up to the usual visitors to help these people out. I said it before, and I'll say it again, if you don't have anything nice to say in this R4 forum, GTFO.

11. Raven Darkheart

United States
    ive never said we shouldnt help them. theres something called SEARCH.
    IF THEY ARE INCOMPETENT ENOUGH TO NOT USE IT THEN MAKE A NEW THREAD DEMANDING HELP THEN THEY FAIL.

im tired of seeing the same questions and sounding like a broken record. so the only ones that fail here are YOU and the noobs

12. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    The problem is: the OP said the cheats don't work anymore, he didn't say something about the cheats aren't showing up, so maybe this is a different question... or maybe not?

13. jagerstaffel

Member jagerstaffel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ok, oh supreme one. Have you tried searching? Why not trying the string "cheats not working"? The top 5 results (with the exception of this thread) at the time of my search shows none of it helps the OP. Try going down the rest of it. As Raestloz pointed out OP wasn't very specific and so the top 20 results won't even help. Hell, the CCE thread doesn't do jack either because let's face it: "some cheats in my r4 ds dont work anymore" so we know it worked before, and now it doesn't.

So who here is of fail, the one who posts a noob thread or the one who keeps it alive by "getting lamed" by the noob thread? If you haven't searched yourself, never tell someone to do it. NEVER.

And I've been trumpeting it for weeks, a new set of sticky's need to be shoved up top so we won't lame you again. Maybe that make you "haa-pay", huh?