R4 Contacts problem?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Inunah, Aug 3, 2010.

Aug 3, 2010

R4 Contacts problem? by Inunah at 8:47 PM (1,637 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Inunah
    OP

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    Don't know how to do the paper trick, but I doubt it'd work.

Occasionally, my DS has a hard time recognizing my R4.

It takes sixteen tries to get my R4 to be found in my DS. When it does find it, It usually freezes five to ten seconds after loading a game, then when I turn it off and back on it can't find the R4. Usually if I take it out and put it back in after that, it works well.

This only happens if I don't play it for an hour or more. If I keep the DS on and play a game for a while, turn the DS off, then back on in the same hour, it'll work.. But if I turn off the DS and wait an hour or more, then try to use the R4 again, I have to keep ejecting the cart and putting the cart back in a bunch of times before it can be recognized.

Help?

The last time it did this, the Micro SD was corrupted and had to be reformatted. After it was formatted, it worked great and it was recognized each time I turned the DS on, but that's slowly went back to shit.

2. appledrank

Newcomer appledrank Member

United States
    I've been having the same problems. I've been looking for the paper trick as well.

3. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Look in the DS and see if the contacts are bent, if so bend them back. Clean contacts on the R4 and the DS with a little alcohol and a q-tip. Try the paper tricks - here they are for the AK2, but you can probably adapt them for the R4 http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...your-acekard#12

4. gifi4

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    if you can get the paper trick ( I'm pretty sure someone here on the 'temp has it in their signature) try that otherwise get a new R4 or an acekard or w/e you want from shoptemp

5. Inunah
    OP

United States
    Well the contacts seem fine..... But on my R4 there's little lines scratched on the gold things, like the contacts on my DS are too tight on them.

6. Inunah
    OP

United States
    No actually it looks like the contacts on the DS are scratching the gold things from pressure.

These little scratch-like lines are on the gold things of every DS cartridge I've played in my DS Lite.