Hacking R4 Compatability?

Taellon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So my first flash cart, like many others, was an R4. It's an original and not a clone. A few months ago I decided it was time to upgrade, partially because the 2GB limit wasn't cutting it anymore with a ton of shuffling all the time, but also because I was looking into getting a DSi XL at the time(3DS doused that desire). But I got an Acekard2i anyways.

I have 2 DS lites, I bought a second one after my original started having game-crippling problems(mic doesn't work, R-button doesn't work even after trying all the tricks). I feel like I'm droning on here so I'll get to the point.

My Acekard2i works in both DS lite units, as do all my games, however my R4 only works in my newer unit. Anybody have any idea why this could be?

See until recently, I was content to just leave it that way and just use the other DS lite for trading pokemon between my games(retail and not). But I just put a new replacement shell on the old DS just for kicks and it turns out that now the old DS is working almost as good as new(R-button works 95% of the time now instead of the old 5% of the time). So I figured if my old DS is fully functional now then why not use my R4 in it for various purposes.

So can anybody help me out with getting my R4 to work on my old DS now?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's also an alternative paper trick which you can find in the Acekard guide in my sig. There's also a 3rd paper trick, i've yet to update the guide yet though.

Taellon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried paper tricks still doesn't work. I also put Wood R4(previously using YSmenu) on it to see if that would make a difference but it doesn't. Any other ideas?

Taellon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I put it in and start up the system it behaves as if there isn't a DS card at all. Even with the paper tricks it still doesn't get recognized.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey