R Button Problem

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by SANIC, Jan 13, 2017.

  1. SANIC
    OP

    SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence

    Member
    833
    507
    Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    Last Seen: Green Hill
    The R Button is not being pressed yet it registers as it constantly is. What do I do now?
     
    rikumax25! likes this.
  2. FF777

    FF777 人を呪わば穴二つ

    Member
    132
    44
    Nov 22, 2006
    United States
    Um, take off the case and see if some thing is messing with the R button switch I guess?..
     
    Subtle Demise likes this.
  3. x65943

    x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

    Member
    2,563
    2,157
    Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    Seconded ^ Open up your console and look at the button. The actual button itself could be stuck (not the plastic part you touch).
     
  4. SANIC
    OP

    SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence

    Member
    833
    507
    Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    Last Seen: Green Hill
    And how would I open it? Do I need a screwdriver? If yes what kind?
     
  5. nero99

    nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

    Member
    1,927
    873
    Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    you need a Philips 00 screw driver. they're pretty cheap at any hardware store. Also watch the ifixit 3ds and n3ds teardown videos so you know what you're doing.
     
  6. FF777

    FF777 人を呪わば穴二つ

    Member
    132
    44
    Nov 22, 2006
    United States
    Like the other guy said, need the double-zero type (00) of screwdriver.. Try to get ones that have a fat handle; the cheap skinny metal ones are a pain in the dong to try to get a grip on.. But also be careful and open the case slowly to make sure you don't rip any thin flat cables that are connecting the buttons or any thing..
     
    Subtle Demise likes this.
  7. Subtle Demise

    Subtle Demise h

    Member
    1,385
    1,453
    Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    I had the same problem. Just opened it up and noticed nothing was wrong. When I got everything back together, it worked like new somehow.