Homebrew Qur'an for the DS

Neversoft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Having noticed the DS Bible that was released recently, I was chatting about it to a Muslim friend who wondered if a similar homebrew program was available for the Qur'an... I've checked the more popular DS homebrew sites and haven't come up with anything so this thread is pretty much a last-ditched attempt to see if anybody is aware of a copy of the Qur'an for the DS.

Any help is much appreciated
smile.gif

Thanks

Neversoft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty much what I thought folks, but thanks anyway
smile.gif

I think the odds on me being converted are remote (hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster!), I'm just trying to help a friend out. I didn't think there was one but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
jesuschristmonkeyballs said:
No, but I believe there is Dianetics.
I'm pretty sure this is a joke, but I would actually be interested in this. I imagine CoS would sue the hell out of you if you tried to give away something for free, though.

EDIT: And this guy converted the Book of Mormon to DSBible format, so somebody with a bit of time on their hands should be able to do the Qur'an, too.

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
Neversoft said:
Having noticed the DS Bible that was released recently, I was chatting about it to a Muslim friend who wondered if a similar homebrew program was available for the Qur'an... I've checked the more popular DS homebrew sites and haven't come up with anything so this thread is pretty much a last-ditched attempt to see if anybody is aware of a copy of the Qur'an for the DS.

Any help is much appreciated
smile.gif

Thanks
I'd like to have Quraan fo my DS two. I tried to search in both English and Arabic and came up with nothing
frown.gif
but found a very nice Quraan made in Flash:
http://www.quranflash.com/quranflash.html

QUOTE(fischju @ Aug 20 2008, 08:05 AM) You could get it in .txt and read it with one of the usual book readers

No, .txt can't handle Quraan
laugh.gif

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
I seriously don't see the point of these holy books on ds, dont get me wrong I'm religeous too(Hindu). But what DS owner gets the urge to pray while they're out and about?
huh.gif

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Thax said:
I seriously don't see the point of these holy books on ds, dont get me wrong I'm religeous too(Hindu). But what DS owner gets the urge to pray while they're out and about?
huh.gif
It's fairly new, but in my area, people have started congregating together and praying, in buildings they've built specifically for this purpose, which they call churches. I guess it hasn't hit your area yet.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thax said:
huh.gif

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if the only reason was to play the DS in church and when they get caught to switch to this as an excuse.

manrayboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dunno about ya religion but in islam we should remember our 1 god anywhere we go btw this program could be used to remember quran if ur traveling and dont have a quran and really want to learn a surah and the person that makes this will get soo many blessings every letter sum one reads he gets blessings even after he dies

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually I think the various religious texts on the DS is a great idea... I mean instead of carrying around a huge book, why not have that book readily available on your DS.

So far I have been using DS Bible to read for my religion class in college, and it's much easier carrying it around than carrying around the 6"x8"x4" Bible.

Oh yeah, I just found this:

QUOTE said:
If anyone really wants another book that's organized into books, chapters, and verses, you just have to format it using the instructions in the readme, put it in the translations directory, and it will work fine. (Only it will have a big "DSbible" titlescreen).

Post #24 On this Page

So if you could format the Qur'an you could add it into DS Bible.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Aren't most Muslims really insistent on having original Arabic texts to accompany translations of the Quran? The problem is, does the DS even support Arabic?

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
if you want a qur'an on your DS , do this :

1. download the file here--> http://www.hilalplaza.com/Quran_Hadith_Download_Page.html
2.then Convert PDF to Jpeg
3. Download Comic Book DS or Image Viewer
4. Convert Jpeg into ipk or CBDS
5. Put it all on your DS flash CArt

thats how i got mine . either that or with the DSBible explained above

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr