Quick survey for a class

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I have absolutely no idea how to answer the second question. I'm an atheist in the sense that I entirely deny every aspect of any and all religion, but it states that being an atheist makes the N/A option for devoutness not actually an option. I'll just pick N/A anyways because devout implies I'm spiritual, religious, what have you. The large island question was way too open ended to be contained like that in my opinion, but oh well, I answered.

Reactions: Wizerzak

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Atheism is not a religious belief; it only refers to the lack of a specific belief (that one or more gods exist). I am an atheist because I lack a belief in gods, and I am nonreligious because I lack any religious beliefs. Anyone who is nonreligious must also be an atheist for the reasons I described earlier, but not all atheists are nonreligious (Buddhists do not believe in gods and are technically atheists).

Agnosticism has to do with knowledge, not belief. I am an atheist because I lack the belief that god(s) exist. I am also an agnostic because I lack the knowledge of whether or not god(s) exist (i.e. I cannot prove nor disprove the existence of a god). Agnosticism says nothing about one's religious beliefs and probably should not have been included on the list of religious beliefs in the survey. There are agnostic Muslims, agnostic atheists, agnostic Christians, etc.

I said that :)

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Results:
2mwiiba.png

Clarification on the last one: The majority said they WOULD interfere if people did violent acts for religion, but they are allowed to follow whatever religion they want. The greyish color of the same text says they would not interfere with any religious practices, violent or otherwise.

Foxchild

Goomba Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting... Don't suppose it's possible to break it down further (without upgrading to the pro plan :P) You know, is there a correlation between level of devoutness/choice of religion and the desire to encourage others to follow that religion; is an atheist or a non-religious more likely to ban all religion, etc.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting... Don't suppose it's possible to break it down further (without upgrading to the pro plan :P) You know, is there a correlation between level of devoutness/choice of religion and the desire to encourage others to follow that religion; is an atheist or a non-religious more likely to ban all religion, etc.
Unfortunately, all kinds of co-ordinations require pro/premium, so I can't access those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [takes a toke of my bong] :huh: