Hardware Quick question regarding USB harddrive size?

Mindcrime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

I'm about to order a specific USB-harddrive for my Wii. I've after some reserach decided for
seagate freeagent go which goes for around $95 for 320GB or $120 for 500GB.

So, my question is, how many games does fit it into a 320GB harddrive? Is it worth paying an
extra $25 for a larger harddrive?

/Mindcrime

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Mindcrime said:
Hi!

I'm about to order a specific USB-harddrive for my Wii. I've after some reserach decided for
seagate freeagent go which goes for around $95 for 320GB or $120 for 500GB.

So, my question is, how many games does fit it into a 320GB harddrive? Is it worth paying an
extra $25 for a larger harddrive?

/Mindcrime

All depends on the size of the game. But I'll do an estimate... On my 200GB HD that I use for the Wii, I currently have 93 games on it. One of them are dual layered(brawl). So probably for a 320GB HD it'll probably go around 200-250. But really, not that many good games on the Wii to actually reach 200 games =/.

Also if I were you, I would actually fork out that extra 20bones just to get 500GB and partition around 180GB or so for Wii and use the rest of video's and such.

Off Topic: yay 300th post =D.

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, for me it looks like not that tough decision decision to make because there is a great difference in the amount of GB's so I will go for the 500GB but in my opinion( Base in what I did with my Wii) I will rather go to other store of web page to get it even cheaper because that's a pretty high price for it. You can find it in Walmart at that retail price. I bought a Hitachi SuperDrive or something like did I can't recall for 45 bucks and it has 500GB and Its pretty good, fast and easy to use. It was brand knew and I got from ebay. I don't know what you think about it but that's what I did. BTW you could use the money to buy something for yourself or anything like that, think about it.
yaywii.gif

Mindcrime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkShadow96 said:
All depends on the size of the game. But I'll do an estimate... On my 200GB HD that I use for the Wii, I currently have 93 games on it. One of them are dual layered(brawl). So probably for a 320GB HD it'll probably go around 200-250. But really, not that many good games on the Wii to actually reach 200 games =/.

Also if I were you, I would actually fork out that extra 20bones just to get 500GB and partition around 180GB or so for Wii and use the rest of video's and such.

Off Topic: yay 300th post =D.

Wow, 93 games is more than enough on 200GB. Thanks for your answer, I'll will reconsider, maybe go for the bigger one and partition it.

QUOTE(thebigboss14 @ Aug 24 2010, 12:59 AM) Well, for me it looks like not that tough decision decision to make because there is a great difference in the amount of GB's so I will go for the 500GB but in my opinion( Base in what I did with my Wii) I will rather go to other store of web page to get it even cheaper because that's a pretty high price for it. You can find it in Walmart at that retail price. I bought a Hitachi SuperDrive or something like did I can't recall for 45 bucks and it has 500GB and Its pretty good, fast and easy to use. It was brand knew and I got from ebay. I don't know what you think about it but that's what I did. BTW you could use the money to buy something for yourself or anything like that, think about it.
yaywii.gif

Yeah, the problem is that, I live in Sweden and our prices are overkill.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==