Quick question regarding USB harddrive size?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Mindcrime, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Mindcrime
    OP

Mindcrime Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2009
    Hi!

I'm about to order a specific USB-harddrive for my Wii. I've after some reserach decided for
    seagate freeagent go which goes for around $95 for 320GB or $120 for 500GB.

So, my question is, how many games does fit it into a 320GB harddrive? Is it worth paying an
    extra $25 for a larger harddrive?

/Mindcrime

2. DarkShadow96

DarkShadow96 LA96£

Feb 9, 2009
    Canada
    MTL
    All depends on the size of the game. But I'll do an estimate... On my 200GB HD that I use for the Wii, I currently have 93 games on it. One of them are dual layered(brawl). So probably for a 320GB HD it'll probably go around 200-250. But really, not that many good games on the Wii to actually reach 200 games =/.

Also if I were you, I would actually fork out that extra 20bones just to get 500GB and partition around 180GB or so for Wii and use the rest of video's and such.

Off Topic: yay 300th post =D.

3. thebigboss14

thebigboss14 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 20, 2008
    United States
    3DS Galaxy, Planet Zelda
    Well, for me it looks like not that tough decision decision to make because there is a great difference in the amount of GB's so I will go for the 500GB but in my opinion( Base in what I did with my Wii) I will rather go to other store of web page to get it even cheaper because that's a pretty high price for it. You can find it in Walmart at that retail price. I bought a Hitachi SuperDrive or something like did I can't recall for 45 bucks and it has 500GB and Its pretty good, fast and easy to use. It was brand knew and I got from ebay. I don't know what you think about it but that's what I did. BTW you could use the money to buy something for yourself or anything like that, think about it. [​IMG]

4. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    SeaGates have been known to be problematic with the Wii.

5. ConJ

ConJ The Toker

Jul 18, 2008
    Glastonbury
    Most work fine, as long as you disable the sleep function.

6. Mindcrime
    OP

Mindcrime Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2009
    Yeah, the problem is that, I live in Sweden and our prices are overkill.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice