Quick Question on cIOS's

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by africansk8er, Nov 15, 2008.

Nov 15, 2008
  1. africansk8er
    OP

Newcomer africansk8er Member

United States
    I'm going to try to install the Gamma version of the backup loader and I've got all the files that come from the zip file from http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=115623. Anyways, I need to install the cIOS that comes with the zip file, but I'm wondering if I need to install any previous cIOS's or even downgrade to an earlier IOS because I haven't installed any cIOS's before and I don't want to brick my Wii or anything like that. I haven't upgraded to a newer firmware since the one before the Oct. 23rd update.

In other words, I've never installed any cIOS's before, is there anything I need to do prior to running cIOS Installer 0.3 gamma from Wiigator. Sorry if this is a noobish question, but I want to get it right.

2. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland

A quick question is under 5 words

Those files are on my server , but you can also get a copy from my sig it has everything you will need from a brand new wii

3. Frostman55

Newcomer Frostman55 Newbie

I had a new wii and followed Djtaz tut and files and it worked perfect.Not sure what firmware i was at before but at the end it said 3.3u and worked perfect I didn't do the safe update though,no wifi but didn't seem to need it
    http://www.iol.ie/~taz/WiiHowToGamma.html

4. flashgordon

Newcomer flashgordon Member

United States
    Ok since no one wants to read my posts ill post in this i guess...but anyway is the cios 249 read fix the best cios to run with backup launcher and/or wiigator?? Or which is better to go with backup launcher or which is better to use with wiigator?Also i have been reading but not seeing if dvdx is to be installed with that cios or launcher w/e its called because it was in earlier editions of that sw?