• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,232
  • Replies 9
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi,

I'm currently wanting to sign up as a Wii U developer. However, I'm stuck at the Address section of the form because It's one of my most sensitive bits of information to give out, even to big companies like Nintendo!

Should I fill it in, guys? I don't want a Nintendo employee just randomly knocking on my door one day! :lol:

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm currently wanting to sign up as a Wii U developer. However, I'm stuck at the Address section of the form because It's one of my most sensitive bits of information to give out, even to big companies like Nintendo!

Should I fill it in, guys? I don't want a Nintendo employee just randomly knocking on my door one day! :lol:
Do you plan on stealing or leaking code? If no put your real info, signing up for that is serious and you can get in legal trouble for abusing/leaking resources.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Do you plan on stealing or leaking code? If no put your real info, signing up for that is serious and you can get in legal trouble for abusing/leaking resources.
No, I don't plan to steal anything. :rofl2:
Also, I don't own a mobile (I only have a tablet) so what should I do there? Should I email them?

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I don't plan to steal anything. :rofl2:
Also, I don't own a mobile (I only have a tablet) so what should I do there? Should I email them?
I'm guessing it's required? Try using whatever your phone number is, if it's a landline or whatnot. If that's not possible, try getting google voice (Not sure if it's available where you live, though).

If that's not an option, get a prepaid phone for as cheap as humanly possible. We have super cheapo phones and plans that are basically 80 bucks a year here in the states, and hopefully you have something similar where you live.

D

Deleted User

OP
I'm guessing it's required? Try using whatever your phone number is, if it's a landline or whatnot. If that's not possible, try getting google voice (Not sure if it's available where you live, though).

If that's not an option, get a prepaid phone for as cheap as humanly possible. We have super cheapo phones and plans that are basically 80 bucks a year here in the states, and hopefully you have something similar where you live.
Yeah, the UK sells dirt-cheap phones, for around £15-30! In fact, I remember having a lime-green Nokia phone in my bedside cabinet that's been there for months, so I've practically answered my own question, there! ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So yeah, I've now filled in all the fields except for the phone number. Like @osaka35 said, I will posibbly either use my old phone, or I will use Google Voice (because it was available for my region).

Thanks, guys! :)

Reactions: osaka35
D

Deleted User

OP
Well, I've now managed to complete the form! Now I hope to god that they let me join! :P

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Is it really financially a good plan to go with? From what I read a Wii U Dev Kit costs around £3k to £5k so for a dying console that's possibly going to be phased out in 2017 you might as well just wait and develop games for Steam/Smartphones. One last thing, isn't Xbox One retail units open for dev use also?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I have a broken o3ds xl
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Phones worked great for DS emulation with DraStic and a controller that held your phone
    But sadly that's coming to an end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @Xdqwerty It's still on Play Store.
    for free
    Install before they remove it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see a DS emulator that allows casting top screen to TV then use bottom for the touch screen stuff
    +1
    I used a vertical touch 22" monitor for playing some 3DS games through Citra.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't be that far off from it not like ds requires super hardware
    @K3Nv2 I did that using Citra for 3DS games. Bottom screen was my smartphone. Until I got the touch screen.
  • SwordShielder @ SwordShielder:
    Use a TV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Citra allows it already?
    Yes.
    Ken I have that sort of set up on Drastic on Pi for games that don't require touch
    Looks nice too
    Any TV with your PC connected with Citra and any smartphone to use as a screen using a free play store app.
    +1
    Gonna look into that when I get home
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Any good 3ds smut titles psi? :creep:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Any good 3ds smut titles psi? :creep: