Hacking Quick noob question about online before jailbreak

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Correct! The lime green VITA slim JAPAN model! I think it has 1gb built in memory right?
Right, phat's do not have that internal memory and have to resort to original $ony cards selling for almost more than their weight in gold...

viper3344

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, phat's do not have that internal memory and have to resort to original $ony cards selling for almost more than their weight in gold...
Gotcha! Yeah Ill have network access for sure but have no desire to go online. I literally just missed the entire VITA era of gaming so wanted to catch up! Just like I officially put my JB Ps4 offline for good now that I have a ps5 and all my ps4 game disks work on the ps5.

Just wanted to really have some fun with the VITA because I literally skipped the entire thing! So offline only for me minus the obvious need for FTP and all that :)

So to confirm, I DONT need to connect to the PSN network. I intend on installing backups and homebrew locally.

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Guide doesn't mention PSN at all nor preinstalled title. I'm 100% sure I didn't have preinstalled official titles and fairly sure I signed in to PSN after the jailbreak, not before.

One thing with the guide worth noting is when you're at page 4, Section IV - "Downgrading" you could follow the substep
  • If you are currently on firmware version 3.65, proceed to Installing Ensō (3.65)
and bypass anything involving Modoru completely if you're planning on staying at 3.65.

I was late in Vita bandwagon as well, bought my phat jap original just year and a half ago. It was premodded with 3.60, but the modding included lots of extra and unnecessary fluff (hey I have 2 Amigas, why I should bother with UAE??? etc.) so I just returned to 3.60 OFW and started anew. My PSTV which I bought after falling head over heels in love with Vita was preowned but not modded, nicely on 3.65 OFW.

Last edited by lwiz, , Reason: grammar & syntax
Reactions: viper3344

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since