Questions regarding .cia installations and data management

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Locomotion182, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Locomotion182
    OP

Locomotion182 Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2013
    United States
    Hi there I have a few questions on things to avoid when i start installing a few games as .cia

Im concerned on he fact that I have read a few posts in the forum where users would loose everything in the SD card if they access data management menu in the system settings ? Could anyone please explain with a bit more detail about this?

So if I access data management in sysNand I would loose everything , is this accurate? if I access data management in emuNand it would be ok then? Im concerned because I will need to access data management sooner or later for when i setup homepass.

On that note, I also read something about separating the Sysnand and the emuNand, how would i go about doing this exactly? Is it recommended? and would this allow me to access the data management when in emunand ?

Would I also need to do another sysNand backup like I did when i 1st installed the GW?

any additional tips regarding this would be much appreciated as well!

thanks

2. placebooooo

placebooooo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    You can most certainly access data management in emunand only. If you are in emunand, it is completely safe to access data management; you will not lose all your cia files and save data. However, If you access data management from the systemnand, then you will lose all your cia files. As for separating the nands, I have no idea. I can't help with that and I have no idea what use that does. But hopefully someone will chime in later and suggest something for you.

3. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Yeah, of course you'll lose everything when you try to manage your software on sysnand... it will see you have the games but you don't own them, so they're gonna be deleted.

On emunand that will work fine.

4. Locomotion182
    OP

Locomotion182 Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2013
    United States
    perfect. at least i know I should be safe when i access it through EmuNand.

Now regarding separating both systemnand and emunand, should i do this ? in case its recommended, what steps should i follow ?

5. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    It's not recommended. You can live fine with it the way it is now.
    What's recomended is creating 3 dummy wifi connections on sysnand (just add the SSIDs and save). So it will never be updated by accident.

Sirius64 likes this.
  6. Locomotion182
    OP

Locomotion182 Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2013
    United States
    I did that yeah. and placed a different theme on the emunand.

I will keep it as it is then, thanks for your replies