Questions about Sys CFW

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Salfay, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Salfay
    OP

Salfay GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2016
    France
    Hello,

I'll install today a sys CFW for my WII U. I'd like to use the "CBHC Method",but i have a few questions:

- Is it save to move the icon "Dont Touch it" (in the menu) after having installing CHBC ?
    - Can I play online ?
    - What are the must have channels ?

Thank You for replying :)

2. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    OSv10 v15702
    Moving the channel shouldn't cause issues, as long as the title isn't deleted you should be fine. I don't use CHBC, so take this with a grain of salt.

If you mean playing online with pirated games, if you install them to your console, you should. Once again, I haven't actually done this.

Firstly, install the Homebrew Launcher. Then you have access to a wide world of homebrew! There's also a forwarder for Loadiine GX2, and software such as U-Paint have been ported to channel formats. I also highly recommend playing Endless Nuclear Kittens, a game port that's only available in channel format.

3. Salfay
    OP

Salfay GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2016
    France
    Thank you for your responde: i'll try Nuclear Kittens, looks fun :D
    Can someone confirm the fact that i can move Haxchi title in the menu ?

4. Arkium

Arkium Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2017
    Brazil
    About coldboot haxchi:

- The DS game it uses must be on NAND, so, if the DS game is on any USB, move it back to Wii U HDD before you reboot or turn it off, or it'll brick for sure;

- The hacked DS game with Coldboot Haxchi in it CAN'T be deleted/removed from Wii U or it will brick for sure;

Tip: put it on a folder that you'll be sure to not touch or use ( i put it and other useless Wii U system apps in a folder called 'Useless', but you can name that folder as you like );

- You can move the hacked DS game on Wii U main screen as you wish, just don't do the same on Data Management section of Settings app or, as you can guess, it'll brick;

- You can play online on any game you have installed that has any online feature;

- The must-have channels are: Homebrew Launcher and WUP Installer GX2, any other homebrew app you wanna install as channel is by your own wish;

- To download games, you should use Wii U USB Helper ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-usb-helper-a-small-eshop-for-windows.446565/ ), but you must provide the url for it can install games. Since that program can now install 3DS games too, you must provide 'that iso site' urls for both Wii U and 3DS ( google can be your friend on that ;] ) on respective orange bars that you'll see when first opening the program after installation.

So, as you can see, i am user of all showed programs on this comment, so, as you can guess, you're safe if you do what i wrote here and have common sense about what you can and can't do on Wii U.

Have fun! =D

Last edited by Arkium, Feb 15, 2017
    Salfay likes this.
  5. Salfay
    OP

Salfay GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2016
    France
    Hello,

It is done: MY WII U IS HACKED
    [​IMG]
    Thank you for all guys: !

6. Arkium

Arkium Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2017
    Brazil
    Well done, just keep in your mind all what i wrote for you here, so, you'll be safe.

Last edited by Arkium, Feb 15, 2017
    CreeperMario likes this.
  7. JohnathanMonkey

JohnathanMonkey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    Also, to add to Arkium's list, if you start injecting games, don't install a game that has the same title id as the DS game used for CBHC. It will overwrite and brick.

8. Salfay
    OP

Salfay GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2016
    France
    Ok, ty :)

9. Xyphoseos

Xyphoseos Hack or no games

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    What is it ?

10. C0mm4nd_

C0mm4nd_ Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P

Oct 9, 2016
    Italy
    A game (by shinyquagsire?)

11. lampard1983

lampard1983 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2015
    How would I go about restoring to stock and getting rid of the cfw??

12. Salfay
    OP

Salfay GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2016
    France
    You want to remove your CFW ?
    I think you must:

I/ Uninstall cbhc first. To do it, you push home button during CBHC Boot and you remove.
    II/ Uninstall Haxchi to have the classic VC Game.

lampard1983 likes this.
  13. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    You better uninstall CBHC and make sure it's uninstalled before you uninstall haxchi or you'll permabrick

lampard1983 likes this.
  14. CreeperMario

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    OSv10 v15702
  15. Xyphoseos

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
  16. CreeperMario

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    OSv10 v15702
    (Double post, I hate my internet)

17. Xyphoseos

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    Thank you :')

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

When I launch nuclear I get it
    @CreeperMario

Attached Files:

18. C0mm4nd_

C0mm4nd_ Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P

Oct 9, 2016
    Italy
    "This application requires access to texture2D.gsh from either Health and Safety or in content/. This can either be provided through custom firmwares which properly loosen file permissions or by changing the permissions of /vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/00050010/1004EX00/content/shader/texture2D.gsh to RW for all applications (where X is 0, 1 or 2 depending on the Wii U region). This is due to using GPU acceleration through GX2 while there is no publically accessible GX2 shader compiler (an LLVM-based compiler may be possible in the future). The current alternative would be to build in shaders generated by Nintendo's SDK, which is potentially illegal."