Hardware Questions about modding a Nintendo Switch dock

Recca87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking into modding my switch dock but I can't find a shell that I want. I know you can find dock shells but I am trying to find a folding one, preferably one that will still let the Switch vent heat and keep the docking USB-C and connected ribbon cable protected (maybe even make use of the LED if possible). Does anyone know if someone has made a dock like this or are there any modders that have the ability and desire to make a dock shell like this?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking into modding my switch dock but I can't find a shell that I want. I know you can find dock shells but I am trying to find a folding one, preferably one that will still let the Switch vent heat and keep the docking USB-C and connected ribbon cable protected (maybe even make use of the LED if possible). Does anyone know if someone has made a dock like this or are there any modders that have the ability and desire to make a dock shell like this?
Well start designing one in cad and 3d print it to your liking

Recca87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well start designing one in cad and 3d print it to your liking

Would love to but I will readily admit I have no skill or knowledge on HOW to do so, which is why I posted here in the hope someone has seen a dock case like this or likes the idea enough to make one like it and share the design freely.
I mean that is the purpose of a forum right? To ask questions, and contribute ideas.
And thank you for your contribution to this thread by the way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since