Questions about Dios Mios Lite

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by BispoSnake, Sep 16, 2013.

1. BispoSnake
    OP

BispoSnake Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2013
    Brazil
    Outer Heaven
    Hello,

I've installed Dios Mios Lite a long time ago, and I wasn't able to get it to work... So I got tired and gave up.

Due to this, I started playing retail GC discs - without problems. When I boot the original GC disc through the Wii menu, it just shows some Dios Mios Lite splash screen (in 480p, it just changes the console resolution) and then boot the games without problems. Some games ask me if I want to turn on the progressive scan, and I say no because my Wii is plugged on a TV that only supports 480i.

Thing is, two original games arrived yesterday: Mario Kart DD and Phantasy Star Online 3 CARD Battle.

The Mario Kart disk was pretty damaged, with a lot of scratchs. The PSO3 was impeccable.

While testing my new games, MK has frozen when I've selected the CC (probably before the race is loaded). I was expecting this to happen because of the bad shape that the disk is.

However, PSO didn't even boot... I've got black screen right after the Dios Mios splash / loading screen.

The seller told me that he tested both discs and they were working before the shipping. I have four suspects:

- The disk is damaged (doesn't seem to be the case, it's mint);
    - The game is not compatible with Wii and will only run in GC consoles (not sure if this happens, haven't found anything on the internet);
    - The game have another compatibility problem (resolution, RGB cable, etc);
    - Dios Mios Lite is causing problems while PSO is booting.

Do you guys can help on this one and have any idea what would be causing this problem? I was planning to uninstall / remove DML just to be sure, but can't find a way to do it - I've installed DML a long time ago, can't remember how to uninstall it.

Appreciate any help, and sorry for my bad english ;)
    Bispo.

2. worm28

worm28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    Portland, Oregon
    Do not uninstall dios mios you need to install rvlmios v10 wad it will install over dios mios if you just uninstall dios mios it will probably brick your wii. Use modmii to download rvlmios v10 wad.

3. BispoSnake
    OP

BispoSnake Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2013
    Brazil
    Outer Heaven
    Thanks for the reply, worm28.

So, I must install modmii and inside it, download and install "rvlmios v10" wad, is that it? I usually install WADs by using Pimp My Wii, but perhaps this WAD manager is not recommended?

Thanks again,
    Bispo

4. BispoSnake
    OP

BispoSnake Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2013
    Brazil
    Outer Heaven
    It worked.

Downloaded the rvlmios v10 (rv59) and installed it using Pimp My Wii.
    Mario Kart DD started working and PSO3 booted without problems.

Plus, I've tried modmii and there are a lot of cool stuff on it, I'll try to
    learn how to use it properly and update my Wii.

Many thanks for the help, I guess the admins can close this topic.