Hacking Question Questions about backing up game purchases

Ranshiro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I like to buy my games and to play them using the benefits of cfw (cheats, game save management, mods). As such, I purchase my games on my sysnand and play them on my emunand. The "problem" is when I buy a new game on my clean ofw sysnand, in order to get it over to my emunand, I have to make a completely new emunand every time I buy a new game. Needless to say this is quite troublesome. Also even though I backup my games (in emunand) using sx dumper, maybe two or three times when I went to reinstall something, the dump I made didn't work. So again to get that game back on my emunand, I have to remake an emunand. All of this is not ideal, and I have to believe there is an easier way for all of this. My questions...

1. Is there another way to get game purchases from sysnand to emunand without having to make a new emunand each time? Granted I don't want to use any cfw while on my sysnand since I use that to make my purchases.

2. Is there a way to test an sx dumper game/update/dlc dump to make sure it works, without having to delete the game and then trying to install the backup? I'm not sure, but if I convert the game/update/dlc to an xci and then mount that xci would that be a way to test? Does the switch view a mounted converted xci as a separate game than the installed digital game?

Last edited by Ranshiro,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like to buy my games and to play them using the benefits of cfw (cheats, game save management, mods). As such, I purchase my games on my sysnand and play them on my emunand. The "problem" is when I buy a new game on my clean ofw sysnand, in order to get it over to my emunand, I have to make a completely new emunand every time I buy a new game. Needless to say this is quite troublesome. Also even though I backup my games (in emunand) using sx dumper, maybe two or three times when I went to reinstall something, the dump I made didn't work. So again to get that game back on my emunand, I have to remake an emunand. All of this is not ideal, and I have to believe there is an easier way for all of this. My questions...

1. Is there another way to get game purchases from sysnand to emunand without having to make a new emunand each time? Granted I don't want to use any cfw while on my sysnand since I use that to make my purchases.

2. Is there a way to test an sx dumper game/update/dlc dump to make sure it works, without having to delete the game and then trying to install the backup? I'm not sure, but if I convert the game/update/dlc to an xci and then mount that xci would that be a way to test? Does the switch view a mounted converted xci as a separate game than the installed digital game?
  1. You can dump them with any number of homebrew applications
  2. Don't bother with SX Dumper. NXDumptool is much better and updated more frequently

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi