[Question] Updating games

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by PMniac1, May 15, 2016.

1. PMniac1
    OP

PMniac1 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2015
    Hello guys.
    I've been waiting a long time for my WiiU to be hacked because I was on 5.5.0.

Now I've bought Super Mario Maker to play online, but the game requires an update.
    To perform the game update it asks me to update my WiiU to 5.5.1 which I actually did, since Kexploit works on it.

The thing is I had to enable auto-obtain DNS. I had 107.211.140.065 to block auto-updates.

Is there a safe way to update the games?

TIA ;)

2. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 23, 2013
    use nusgrabber and get the update of the game you want and then apply it to use with loadiine. ive been testing it today and its not too difficult

3. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    He's talking about updating a game he bought. Not loadiine.

@PMniac1 , just go ahead and update like normal then re enable tubehax when done. Right now there is no newer firmware so you're okay to temporarily turn of tubehax.

PMniac1 likes this.
  4. PMniac1
    OP

PMniac1 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2015
    There isn't another safe way? I mean, now it's safe but we never know when a new system update will block Kernel Exploit :/

5. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Yes but I was giving you the easy way. You would use nusgrabber to download and decrypt the update. Then you would use WUP Installer to update

6. Jadon

Jadon Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2016
    United States
    Is there a tutorial somewhere to do this? I attempted to use the instructions from here (http://www.wupinstaller.com/) and didn't get very far. Also the NUSGrabber that was included didn't have a gui. Maybe there is a better NUSGrabber?

7. PMniac1
    OP

PMniac1 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2015
    I'm having problems connecting to Course World :O
    Is it because of the TubeHax? It has been working all afternoon but now it just stopped working :O

Super Mario Maker