[Question] SysUpdate problem

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by hongmieu999, Jan 12, 2016.

1. hongmieu999
    OP

hongmieu999 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2015
    Hey.
    So after making a decision to actually attempt to downgrade my O3DS, I put all the required files needed on my SD Card where they should be.
    I put my SD back into my 3ds, used Menuhax to launch the SysUpdate app, yada yada. However when I got to press Y to downgrade, it continues (like over 30 times) to give me the same error:

titleException:
    main.cpp:154:Result:0xD900182F
    Failed to get CIA file info!

I'm pretty sure I've put the right cia files in the right place, (on the root of the SD theres an "updates" folder, with the cia files). Do I have to literally just repeatthe same process until I dont get the error message? Or what? o_0

2. Games&Stuff

Games&Stuff GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Belgium
    Do you use a mac? If not, just keep trying

3. TopKekMaster

TopKekMaster Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2015
    Brazil
    Try again
    That error happens a lot happens a lot
    Edit:ninja'd:ph34r:

Games&Stuff likes this.
  4. hongmieu999
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2015
    nope ! PC only

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

is 8 times enough ?

5. Rattor

Rattor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    I had the same issue on an N3DSXL, tried about 20 times, same error. Some people said it took 50 times before they got passed that error. I got impatient and just formatted my SD card, put it back in the 3DS, booted up once to get the 3DS to create the files/folders it needed, then went back in to the card, put the hax stuff and sysupdater on it, ran sysupdater that way. It worked the first time after I did that.

6. hongmieu999
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2015
    thk you pal !