Hacking [Question] Sigpatching a secondary Switch?

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Right now I have two Switch consoles: A Switch Lite acting as primary device and 2017 original generation Switch that's secondary to my Nintendo Account. I can run games fine on the Switch Lite but as per Nintendo's restrictions the secondary Switch needs to connect to the Internet and verify that I'm not playing anything on my Switch Lite before games can be launched. In terms of being able to use the secondary Switch without an Internet connection, I have two questions:

- If I apply sigpatches to this console, will it be able to boot my eShop-purchased games without needing to verify online every time, as well as run simultaneously as the primary Switch?
- Will sigpatches cause the legit eShop purchased games to appear pirated to Nintendo's servers, triggering a ban when going online?

I'm aware that I can just put the primary console into Airplane Mode but this is more about how to use the secondary console without an Internet check regardless of the primary console's state.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now I have two Switch consoles: A Switch Lite acting as primary device and 2017 original generation Switch that's secondary to my Nintendo Account. I can run games fine on the Switch Lite but as per Nintendo's restrictions the secondary Switch needs to connect to the Internet and verify that I'm not playing anything on my Switch Lite before games can be launched. In terms of being able to use the secondary Switch without an Internet connection, I have two questions:

- If I apply sigpatches to this console, will it be able to boot my eShop-purchased games without needing to verify online every time, as well as run simultaneously as the primary Switch?
- Will sigpatches cause the legit eShop purchased games to appear pirated to Nintendo's servers, triggering a ban when going online?

I'm aware that I can just put the primary console into Airplane Mode but this is more about how to use the secondary console without an Internet check regardless of the primary console's state.
Maybe if you stopped using the term "sig patches", you would be able to answer your own question.

Anyway, ES Patches only patch games that require an Eshop Ticket (ES) to launch. Games that use tickets are installed from a Primary account holder. Secondary account holders have the games installed with licenses, not tickets, which the patches do not affect. Licenses work differently than tickets because licenses have to be validated online whereas tickets are validated offline.

As for your second question, the ES patches only affect games that are pirated.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Maybe if you stopped using the term "sig patches", you would be able to answer your own question.

Anyway, ES Patches only patch games that require an Eshop Ticket (ES) to launch. Games that use tickets are installed from a Primary account holder. Secondary account holders have the games installed with licenses, not tickets, which the patches do not affect. Licenses work differently than tickets because licenses have to be validated online whereas tickets are validated offline.

As for your second question, the ES patches only affect games that are pirated.
Ah, that makes a lot more sense now. Thank you!

Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)