1. akadiddy

OP akadiddy Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hi,

Apologies for starting a new topic, however I do not have sufficient privileges to reply in the gbatemp.net/threads/block-wii-u-system-updates-without-dns-blocking.477944/ discussion.

I have attempted to follow the instructions in the Block Wii U System Updates (Without DNS Blocking!) topic - using Mocha. The ftpiiu everywhere download for Mocha is not available. I proceeded without it using the download specified for Haxchi (github /FIX94/ftpiiu/releases).

I was able to delete the "storage_mlc/sys/update" folder (using WinSCP), but am unsure if updates are actually blocked. The instructions state "...System Settings: Attempt to update your Wii U as Normal. A few seconds after it starts and the progress bar appears, it should give out this error code: 105-3012. If the progress bar actually continues to move, TURN OFF THE WII U IMMEDIATELY!! Recheck your steps, cause something went wrong..."

After deleting the folder, attempting to update the system resulted in a message informing me that the system is up to date. I didn't receive any error code.

Does this method only stop updates if there is one available, or should it stop the system even searching for updates?

2. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    What a mess...

Just use a dns blocker. That is safe. Otherwise it wouldn't be called dns blocker.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Question(s), Blocking, Updates