[Question] Removing A9LH?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by zakeblast, Jun 22, 2017.

1. zakeblast
    OP

zakeblast Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2009
    United States
    a house
    Is this at all possible? I have 3 New3DS consoles, and all have A9LH installed.
    I no longer have access to the NAND backups, as everything has been tested and working, and i havent wanted to do anything nand related or anything that could effectively brick my 3DS's.

So yea, can it be removed? If so, do i need the nand, or would that just make it easier?
    (Yes, i did a quick search on the forum and couldnt find anything fully relevant to what im asking)

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You can remove using SafeArm9Installer, it has an uninstall option. However, if you modified any system titles (like changing your SecureInfo_A file etc), your console will brick without a9lh. This is why restoring a previous NAND backup is recommended because then all the system files will be correct ones and you know you won't have a brick.

zakeblast likes this.
  3. sleepymanakete

sleepymanakete GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Would doing the 9.2.0 CTRTransfer, be a "clean" backup?

4. Jhynjhiruu

Jhynjhiruu GBAtemp Fan

Dec 31, 2016
    Well... As people have been saying ntrboothax will allow you to unbrick by installing a 9.2.0 CTRTransfer image, probably yes.

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I don't think a CTR transfer will overwrite the friend code file or the SecureInfo_A file, both of which can cause issues if modified and a9lh removed, so I don't think that will help. I'm only about 65% sure though so I won't be surprised if someone tells me this isn't true.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You can install b9s with NTRBoothax, so that doesn't apply for someone wanting to uninstall it or a9lh.

6. zakeblast
    OP

zakeblast Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2009
    United States
    a house
    It never even occurred to me that the installer should be the first place to look for an uninstall option, thanks!