Homebrew Question : Remove Haxchi

john_lennon999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello, I installed Haxchii on a DS game that I wanted to play just to dump my discs, and after I deleted it and redownloaded from eshop when I play it still shows Haxchii. Is there a way to fix it? I installed on SM64DS. And if not, if I download another DS game and install Haxchii on it will there be a problem if e.g. sees two Haxchii tickets? I searched everywhere and I can't find a answer to it! Thanks!

Reactions: Alexander1970

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's very odd. the game should've been the normal game after you deleted it, then redownloaded from the eshop. you could theoretically have two haxchi titles. the tickets will be different, because it's a different game. haxchi does nothing to the ticket itself.

john_lennon999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
As I understood the fake ticket stayed over the original and that's why it shows Haxchii, and maybe I have to manually delete it but I'm not sure how not to mess up with ftpii. Maybe I'm wrong, but I read every thread online and couldn't find an answer! Thank you for yours!

john_lennon999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Oh, I get it, didn't know that, so that's more strange than before. I don't even have the sd with haxchi in the Wii U.. my main concern is if I can install Haxchi on another DS game in the future. That on my Friend List shows that I'm playing Haxchi is more an OCD thing. Thank you!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that stuff is from the meta folder. the meta.xml does contain title id, which may be what they're using. I think the app.xml also contains it, so if Nintendo is receiving info on what you're playing, they most likely only know the title id of it. Nintendo never bans on the wii u unless you cheat, so they probably don't monitor it. I think the wii u only sold like 8 million, so it's probably not worth monitoring.

john_lennon999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So there so need to delete or edit sth on meta.xml? So I can fix it somehow but not worth the time and risk to mess up. Don't know if I keep private what I play helps. I have 2 Wii U, one for Wii U USB Helper games to try them and my original one with my official downloads. True, I didn't have any problem with my hacked games on my 2nd Wii U. And Wii U sold 13.76 million! :-) you never know with Nintendo..

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you don't need to edit the meta folder. that's what those extra files in the haxchi folder are for. you can change name, icon, etc., even boot sound I think. no idea why it's showing haxchi again unless you copied the game instead of moved it. that will create two versions of the game, and the usb takes precedence. check if the game is on both usb and internal memory.

Reactions: john_lennon999

john_lennon999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
No, I had the game on system memory when I had Haxchi installed, deleted it from settings, redownloaded from eshop and moved it to USB and removed the SD card with the Haxchi files. No visible leftover from Haxchi except to what I'm playing on Friend List, when you press Home is shows SM64DS but on Friend List shows Haxchi! I will finish the game and never bother with it again I think. Still I'd like to fix it but it's not a major problem!

john_lennon999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's been two weeks, at least the annoying "I'm playing Haxchi" left the WaraWara Plaza (if I play SM64DS still showing), so probably will stay! Thank you for your answers!

john_lennon999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't even have the files on SD, I just wonder why still shows playing haxchi on Friend List because I delete it, redownloaeded the DS game and removed the SD. FIY I just checked, on my Friend List show Playing Haxchi but on another Wii U Friends List shows I'm playing the original DS Game so that's fine! Anyway thank you!
And if I reinstall Haxchi on DS Game I will lose my save file so... even If it worked I won't do it! But thanks!

Last edited by john_lennon999,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
off topic, but love the name and the abbey road avatar. lennon is the one person I'd want to see in concert more than anyone else. however, he died one year before I was born.

Reactions: john_lennon999

john_lennon999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Unfortunately... we won't ever see him, although he didn't perform at all (only a few solo concerts) when he was alive. Paul is still touring and has a great show! Roger Waters makes concerts too from time to time! ;-)

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen both McCartney (twice) and Roger Waters, being a floyd fan obviously from my avatar.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, that abbey road image has a car's license plate that's supposed to lmw (linda mccartney weeping) with Paul not wearing shoes as if he's being taken to the undertaker. I think both were deliberate by Lennon, because that's when people thought McCartney was dead in a traffic accident iirc.

let me give another clue for you all, the walrus was Paul. Lennon loved toying with people. the last note in a day in the life was to get people's animals riled up from what I've read.

john_lennon999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ha! I know all sound like sth Lennon would do, but maybe the truth is not like this, they were almost broken as a group in August of 1969 and they went outside Abbey Road for some pics, in other session pic Paul wears sandals, and maybe the car plate was a coincidence! (Btw Oasis used the same number plate on Be Here Now cover). If it was intentional, we ll never know!
I've seen Paul once in 2015 and Roger Waters in Dark Side Of The Moon Tour and in The Wall tour (one of show in Athens that was filmed for the DVD). Would like to hear Animals live but maybe this will never happen.
Completely off topic all these, sorry gba.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the animals on my phone as well. I don't know if all that was intentional with Paul, but apparently, John did like to play with people. Brian Epstein, who was gay, had a crush on Lennon, and I read that Lennon acted gay back towards him. I don't know if I'd say that's offensive or not. the group largely died after Epstein's death, not the usual Yoko ono reason. plus, Paul sued the Beatles late in the 60s. I think the same thing happened to Waters and floyd.

he sued pink floyd from what I remember. he was then only able to do songs from the wall. he did more than that when I saw him, so I don't know what happened.

there was also some other Japanese girl Lennon cheated on Ono with. he asked her if he should get back together with Paul, and she was like "hell, yes." Ono didn't want that. I think that's where the yoko ono thing comes from, partially.

the point being that both bands broke up due to not getting along. floyd was going to kick out drummer nick mason, because he didn't contribute to the song writing. both bands had big problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: