Hacking Question regarding updating a game.

r5xscn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello, I have a question, but before that here is my situation. Currently, I have a 6.72 PS4 Pro with a JPN Kingdom Hearts 3 CUSA11060 JP disc game. I know that the latest jailbreak update is on 7.02 and wanted to update to the 7.02. So here are the questions.
1. Since I own the game, can I just download the game update from the Sony site and just update it?
2.a. If yes, do I need the previous versions too? (the latest is 1.10, do I need 1.01 to 1.09?)
2.b. If no, do I need to find the FPKG for my titleid?

Thank you.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating normally is fine. I think the ps4 is like the ps3 and vita where it uses an xml file. Some games need all updates, but updating normally will take care of that.

Reactions: r5xscn

r5xscn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Updating normally is fine. I think the ps4 is like the ps3 and vita where it uses an xml file. Some games need all updates, but updating normally will take care of that.
Thank you for your answer! If I am on 7.02 and the latest update needs 7.02, can I update normally through PSN? Or do I need to download the pkg from PC and use the debug menu to install?

Also, it has a paid DLC which I currently have not purchased yet. Will the official pkg + debug pkg installer work with it? It has the same TitleID. Thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will work, but I don't remember if you have to be on the latest firmware to download game updates. You might need a fpkg with fpkg dlc

Reactions: r5xscn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)