Question regarding SD/SDHC for R4

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Tachyon1986, Jul 10, 2009.

Jul 10, 2009
  1. Tachyon1986
    OP

Newcomer Tachyon1986 Advanced Member

India
    I know this was already mentioned in the faq, but I'd still like a second opinion. I own a R4DS , the original; no clone.

Now, I'm aware that the R4 only supports MicroSD and not MicroSDHC. Also , some people here have mentioned that R4 is capable of supporting cards upto 4GB in size.

So, I went to purchase a 4GB card...but it said 4GB MicroSDHC. I checked out another memory card, and it said the same.. 4GB MicroSDHC.

Will the above mentioned cards work in my R4? I'm concerned about the MicroSDHC part in particular, since the R4 doesn't support it. But I haven't seen a single memory card that says 4GB MicroSD.

2. naglaro00

Member naglaro00 Mildly disturbed

Philippines
  3. Tachyon1986
    OP

India
    I like your reply , short and precise [​IMG] . Thank you, glad I didn't buy that.

But this raises another question , are cards available that say 4GB MicroSD alone?

4. naglaro00

Member naglaro00 Mildly disturbed

Philippines
    I think so but they are pretty rare.

5. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    ive seen one in a shop it was not branded so it probably would die in a few weeks it was only 16 bucks

6. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    I got one branded Ridata that was seperate. Cut it short by about 3 bucks (in USA) but since I'm in the Phil, it costs about... 450 instead of the usual 500 or so.

7. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    it would be vey hard to find one so i suggest you get 2 2gb cards or get a good cart which is chep too like the dsst its cheap and can use lots of sexy menus or ackerad 2 which hs the best updates and is only a bit more than the dstt but good if you find it

off topic to kingdom blade-sorry for not working on icons my school was about to start so i was finishinh hw ill make em tommorow for sure [​IMG]

8. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    They are very rare but they are obtainable. Check newegg or tigerdirect.

9. Tachyon1986
    OP

India
    Thank you all for your responses. I ended up buying a 2GB card in the end. It's hard to find the other flashcarts mentioned above where I currently live. The R4DS is selling like hotcakes here. All in all, except for the limited storage capacity, it isn't a bad card. Works fine with YSMenu too.

10. triassic911

United States
    You know, you shouldn't be limiting yourself to r4... Try the acekard. It's a sexy flashcart that works wonders and it's cheap too! $20USD.

11. Tachyon1986
    OP

India
    I know, but I can't find it locally. If I did, I'd have chosen that over the R4. As for buying it online, if you have a trusted distributor that ships internationally , I'd appreciate it if I could have the URL.

12. triassic911

United States
    I'm not sure, but I THINK that gamebygame.com does international. If not, try dealextreme.com. I really do not know if they ship international because they do not state this on their sites (and if they do, I sure as hell cannot find it).