Hardware Question regarding NetFlix account been hack

Deletr753

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Hello Everyone,

I need your help on trying to find out how my NetFlix account keeps getting hack. I have reset the password and email a few times but the same unauthorized account keeps being created. I run Malwarebytes, ADWCleaner, and Norton Security in hopes that whatever I have in the computer will be catch by one of this programs. I want to find out what infected the computer and how can I prevent this from happening again. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited by Deletr753,

Deletr753

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Have you tried contacting Netflix regarding this and getting their advice?
Yes they keep disconnecting and deleting the unauthorized account, they also have me reset the password and email but it does not help. The other option they gave me is to delete my account and open a new account. I feel that if I do not find out how they are getting my info even if I delete my account they will have access to it again.

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Same thing happened with me for Spotify. It's just the incompetence of these streaming services not providing enough security for your account. They basically say it's up to you for the security.

I'd say make a new email account on an uncompromised computer. Make a new Netflix account and talk to Netflix support to transfer the old accounts service to the new email. I'd also recommend activating a 2-Step Verification on that email.

If possible securely backup all your documents, music, videos and files to a external hard drive and then fully scan the drive. Afterwards reinstall your Operating System and make sure you wipe your drives.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7

Deletr753

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Same thing happened with me for Spotify. It's just the incompetence of these streaming services not providing enough security for your account. They basically say it's up to you for the security.

I'd say make a new email account on an uncompromised computer. Make a new Netflix account and talk to Netflix support to transfer the old accounts service to the new email. I'd also recommend activating a 2-Step Verification on that email.

If possible securely backup all your documents, music, videos and files to a external hard drive and then fully scan the drive. Afterwards reinstall your Operating System and make sure you wipe your drives.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7
Thank you I will do that.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: hi