Question on saving

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Souzo, Mar 4, 2010.

Mar 4, 2010

Question on saving by Souzo at 7:44 PM (625 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Souzo
    OP

Newcomer Souzo Newbie

United States
    Hey guys, thanks for assisting me with my game issue (big props to haven). [​IMG]

I do have a question about something. And I know this might sound really stupid of me
    but I really need to know:

* All the NDS roms i use end in (.nds). Also, when I save with them it ends the file
    in a (.sav) format. Can I use this .sav file with other flashcarts? Is it compatible?

I've got an Acekard 2i shipping in that I want to use and I don't want to play through
    all my games just to find out that my savs are toast. For a more descriptive note: I'm
    playing them on Itouch2 and I want to transfer the games AND save files to my Acekard 2i.

I really appreciate what you guys are doing. You saved me a lot of time and money. [​IMG]

2. ENDscape

Member ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Philippines
    It depends on what extension the card is using. Some flashcarts uses a different extension. You should use this website to convert to the appropriate .sav Sav Converter

3. MHaven

Newcomer MHaven Advanced Member

United States
    Hey the files between the iTouch 2 and Acekard 2i are interchangable if you use AKAIO firmware, at least I have used AKAIO and it worked just fine. The .sav is the save file so you can use that. Hope it helps [​IMG]

4. Souzo
    OP

Newcomer Souzo Newbie

United States
    Awesome. I hear everyone loves AKAIO (i think that's how you spell it). That's the custom firmware
    that works with the AceKard 2i correct? My card should be delivered to me in a couple of days.

I hear you can get some sweet custom themes *.* i want a dragon quest theme.

5. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    correct.