question on psp save files

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by dc619, Jun 22, 2009.

Jun 22, 2009

question on psp save files by dc619 at 7:40 AM (541 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. dc619
    OP

Newcomer dc619 Member

United States
    i just modded my psp slim a couple of days ago and when i loaded my first iso i noticed that it did not recognize my card when i tried to save my game. i was a little pist off at first but then i tried putting a umd
    in the drive and then my psp was able to recognize my card and let me save.
    my question is, do i need to have a umd in the drive when im playing isos so that i can save games?
    id like to save my battery as much as possible. when i turn on my psp i can here the umd drive.
    thanks

2. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    not sure if it will work for you or not but turn off you psp completely then hold R and turn your psp on you should be in the recovery menu when your in this menu there should be an option to turn off the UMD drive if you wish to save power then turn it off but you'll have to turn it back on if you wish to play games via umd again

3. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    No you don't need a UMD in the drive for the PSP to save from any game. If you do then there's something wrong.

Before you go around screwing with the Recovery Mode settings, download another iso from a different source and get back to us then.

4. dc619
    OP

Newcomer dc619 Member

United States
    ok thanks guys
    you were right i took the umd out and it saved with out it. idk what the problem was but it works now. my battery was getting killed on this one thanks
    btw the game i that wouldnt recognize my card was street fighter alpha3 more than likely tho it was my 8gb "sony" pro duo