Question: Offline NSP

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by Foundforgood89, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Foundforgood89
    OP

Foundforgood89 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2017
    United States
    Question:
    So I have a 5.1.0 in airplane mode equipped with the latest SDFiles and functional online ability (no ban) and kinda pop in and out of the scene. I noticed that we had a way to install NSP content and decided to give it a shot. Worked fine. Stayed offline in airplane mode. but then I started reading that Nintendo has stepped up their ban game.
    So my question is: since I've installed NSP content that I don't own, even if I removed it, will I get banned next time my switch connects to the internet (or is there another step I can take to access the internet without a ban)?
    Also since it's too late, Would people recommend staying on airplane mode and wait to see if an evenutal emunand my be able to somehow prevent me from getting a cert ban?

Thanks. Advice is appreciated

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    You can get banned. That's why first thing everyone should do is to backup their clean NAND before doing anything.
    If you ever want to go online again, do a factory reset first. Or if you want to go thru that hassle, try remaking the nand using prodinfo (I have no idea how)

Last edited by Kubas_inko, Oct 2, 2018
  3. V-Temp

V-Temp GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    Your console is effectively permanently marked as of this time, without a NAND back-up that is completely clean when you connect online you are going to be playing Russian Roulette but you have already lost the game if you have no back-up.

4. Foundforgood89
    OP

Foundforgood89 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2017
    United States
    So I think I should have a nand backup from 3.0.0. would that work hypothetically?