Homebrew [Question] Nintendo SDK tools

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i got my hand on what i believe to be some of the leaked sdk tools. These "Tools" however are all in the form of CIAs and .cue. I'm not all that aware of their functions however. does anyone have a basic definition of what these tools do?

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question as well. I know there's the NDA that you have to agree to in order to get access to the SDK. So, without going into any details that would break that agreement and get you in trouble, is there anything in the SDK that is either incredibly superior to what we already have for homebrew development, or something in the SDK that we just don't have an equivalent to homebrew-wise?

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SDK is superior for newcomer developers if you're used to using Visual Studio IDE for native C++ development, which is something the devkitPro is sort of lacking for Visual Studio integration. Also, you get very extensive technical support from the folk at Nintendo, just like Unity technical support from Unity Technologies. And federal jurisdiction is far more superior than any others when compared with homebrew development. The number of years if caught guilty is far more "superior" than paying for car insurance.

Reactions: Quantumcat

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, some SDK apps got leaked? Unsurprising. While part of me wishes it didn't happen (Nintendo reaching out to indie devs like this was awesome, and next time they might not do it) I also hope that whoever did it doesn't get caught, because some of these tools look like they could actually be useful to end users, particularly those amiibo ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hello