Question, If the Serial Number is exposed.

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by Skimac2016, Dec 5, 2016.

?

If the Serial Number of the New Nintendo 3DS is exposed online, can it be Hacked by other people who

1. YES

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. NO

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. It's not Possible

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  4. It's Possible

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Skimac2016
    OP

Skimac2016 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2016
    United States
    Ocean City, Maryland
    If the Serial Number of the New Nintendo 3DS is exposed online, can it be Hacked by other people who are Hackers?

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    They can't hack into your system with just the serial number. But I could change my serial number to the exposed one, dick around, get banned, and it would ban your 3DS instead (and maybe a throwaway NNID)

GilgameshArcher likes this.
  3. Skimac2016
    OP

Skimac2016 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2016
    United States
    Ocean City, Maryland
    Somone saying YES, is scaring me. I don't want my 3DS to be hacked because it worries me that my games will be deleted and... slow download= I'm blaming that on the WiFi Router Connection.

4. Magical Sheep

Magical Sheep The Super Stylish Black Cat

Jan 22, 2016
    United States
    The Metaverse
    Your games will be ok. There's no way for someone to hack into a 3DS without physically having it with them. The only thing that could actually happen to it is what Crystal the Glaceon said above.
    The system has a max speed of something like 1.5MB/s I think, so it's going to download slowly no matter what. I don't think you should be overly worried about it.

5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    No one can hack directly into your system. 3DSs can't be hacked into like PC's.

6. 0x40

0x40 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2013
    If you have the 3DS connected to the Internet, it can be hacked. That's true for pretty much everything that can be connected to the Internet. Unless you're storing schematics for a time machine or something on there, and told everyone about that, then the fact that it someone *CAN* hack it doesn't really matter, because of the fact that nobody *WILL* hack it.