Homebrew [Question] How do I install multiple .cia themes?

CrazySquid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
All right, thanks everyone for the help!
Just asking... why not?
Also, another thing is that for me the .cia makes some conflict with my paid themes, unless I dump those themes and I add them into the bigger .cia using the Howling Tool I will get some issues with the themes erasing themselves and giving some weird errors with the theme shop. So, I'm going with the dumped format using Themely from now, thanks everyone!.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, thanks everyone for the help!

Also, another thing is that for me the .cia makes some conflict with my paid themes, unless I dump those themes and I add them into the bigger .cia using the Howling Tool I will get some issues with the themes erasing themselves and giving some weird errors with the theme shop. So, I'm going with the dumped format using Themely from now, thanks everyone!.

Don't use themely to install themes

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use fbi to install cia themes. there's a limit of 100. more will install, but it will force you to delete additional themes when you go to change them. I don't know why anyone would pack more than 100 themes though.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use fbi to install cia themes. there's a limit of 100. more will install, but it will force you to delete additional themes when you go to change them. I don't know why anyone would pack more than 100 themes though.
That's why .cia themes is not the recommended format

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, the theme CIA automatically gets deleted anytime you visit eShop or Theme Shop. And it's super slow to navigate on the stock theme manager if you have way too many themes.

Firefox2100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, my issue is that I have some .cia themes that works fine on my console, but I can only install one at the time, and they are all .cia files.
So, when I install another .cia theme, the old one gets rewritten, and if I install one .cia theme alongside some paid themes from the theme shop, I either get an error code (that's easy to fix, I just need to delete the data on dara management) or the themes gets erased or something like that (It's a bit confusing).
So... what can I do here? I saw an app called Howling Theme Tool which I thought it could work to create a big .cia file with all my themes on it, but then I realised that the tool is not actually compatible with .cia files... what are my options? Thanks in advance!
There's a way actually, though might not waht you think of, and is somewhat quite painful as well.... There are two packed cia files out there that contains all the official themes in them, and you can install them both at the same time. However, 3DS console can only contain 100 themes at a time, so you need to manually delete at least over 200 (maybe over 300, I can't remember clearly) themes to access the ones you actually want. That could really take some time.
And due to legal reasons I can't provide the files or the link, but I just checked, they're still out there, so just google "Official 3DS themes" and you should be able to find them.

Reactions: CrazySquid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Metal tapes even