Ujico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I just fired up my dusty 3DS XL. There was homebrew on it from some month ago. I was really into it back then but now I barely know the basics of it.
I had to update my console in order to play a purchased 3DS game, so I did, after the update my system gave me this error:

z1uzn36ac9e11.jpg

How do I fix it? I read online before posting, it says to put the new boot.firm file on the root of my SD card. I did but no results and I might know why.

1) I did make a backup of my system through GodMode9. I can still get into it and recover my old files. (haven't tried to do so yet though but I did make a backup)
2) I think it doesn't even load the new boot.firm file because I made my system so that it's independent of the SD card, it's not loading any CFW files from it.

2b) So how do I make it load the file from my SD card? The boot.firm file.

Hope you can help me, much appreciated!

Last edited by Ujico,

Ujico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
B9S reads sd first. Are you sure its the latest luma build?
Hi,

yeah, I'm definite. https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases that's the source of it. I'm pretty sure the 3DS was independent because I have OCD for these things. I only used the SD card for .cia's from what I remember.
And also, the 3DS XL boots into GodMode9 without the SD card if that is relevant to know. Oh, and, I also tried nightly builds to no avail.

Last edited by Ujico,

Ujico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Made it work, my theory was correct. The 3DS XL was independent of the SD card! And I also found out that my micro sd card wasn't detected by my 3DS XL.

I checked if it was actually detected by booting up GodMode9 and inserting the SD card. Didn't work, reformatted it with SD Card Formatter FAT32 checked again in GodMode9 and it worked again!
Then placed the boot.firm file into the CTR NAND folder on my 3DS and it worked independently from the SD card again using this post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-it-possible-to-boot-a-b9s-3ds-without-a-sd-card.471980/

Yay for me! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill