[Question] Downgrade N3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mitros, Feb 5, 2016.

1. mitros
    OP

mitros Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2013
    Argentina
    I have a N3DS 10.4 and I want to Downgrade the Firmware to 10.2 (or lower?) so I can use NASA to inject Cubic Ninja through browserhax

I want to update my N3DS to 10.5 with Ninjax on

Is this even possible?

2. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    Cubic ninja isn't even a legit cia and cfw aren't compatible for 9.3-10-3. but you can downgrade with an hardmod. ONLY EXPERIENCED USERS!

Tony_93 and N64 like this.
  3. Osga21

Osga21 King Of All Cosmos

Jun 9, 2013
    The Cosmos
    Unless you can solder on tiny stuff to hardmod your console you won't be able to downgrade via software, that is only for 10.3 and under. The next best thing is homebrew, sorry.

4. CLOUD9RED

CLOUD9RED GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2016
    Swaziland
    Do you think it will be somewhere in the near future possible to do it with software though?

5. Aternel

Aternel GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2015
    This doesn't even mean anything

6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Not likely, stuff for 4.5 came around in 2012 (? corrections anyone?), stuff for 9.2 came around in November 2014, 10.3 stuff only appeared in December 2015. You're going to be looking at end of this year or early next year if the pattern holds. Or maybe a few months after the NX is released and the 3DS stops receiving updates (devs may have something up their sleeves that they're saving for end-of-life).

7. Incolbum

Incolbum Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2015
    United States
    You won't be able to downgrade form 10.4 without a hardmod. Downgrading via software is limited to 10.3, so unless you can find a hardmodder or do it yourself, (very unrecommended unless you have access to a soldering kit and prior experience.) you're SOL.

You could ask hundshamer to hardmod for you, but since you're allegedly from argentina, shipping will take a very long time and be quite costly.

Ninjhax is not a legit cia. NASA will not process it. You'd have to downgrade to 9.2, which means you'd have to downgrade to 10.2-3, which means you need a hardmod at this point. If you've got a hardmod, it's better to just install emunand.

Very unlikely. Maybe possible if you have enough money, soldering experience, or patience to make it happen.

8. mitros
    OP

mitros Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2013
    Argentina
    Well thanks for the answer :)

It looks like i'm gonna have to wait until something better comes up.

9. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Or you could sell your 3DS and buy another, exploitable one. Every new in box 3DS, 3DS XL and 2DS (with the exception of the Yokai Watch bundle) will be exploitable. If you want to keep all your games and saves that are on your current 3DS, you can set up an emuNAND on your new one and then do a system transfer to the emuNAND.

Edit: Missed that it's an N3DS. Well, every N3DS for sale currently will be on a downgradeable firmware at least.