Question: cant we technically use the mset exploit to boot to the HBL ?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by MsMidnight, Jan 25, 2016.

1. MsMidnight
    OP

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    Asking this because its used to access most files on the sd card such as code.bin for rxtools or some sort.

2. Minnow

Minnow GBAtemp Fan

Oct 5, 2015
    Canada
    I'm pretty sure you'd have to set a payload to run a .3dsx due to it only running the bin file. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

But why do this when menuhax can coldboot into Homebrew/CFW?

3. MsMidnight
    OP

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    no reason, just wondering that it couldnt be used during the ninjhax era for Ninjahax 1.1a and b

4. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    well I'm pretty sure it's not as simple as pointing it towards the payload...

also, only Cubic Ninja can run ninjhax 1.1b (unless someone else got it running with a different game?). so if you're on 9.0+ you can just use ninjhax 2 and exploits that use it. there's no real point to it.

5. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 26, 2015
    I asked this question about MSET and HBL a long time ago, in fact i made a thread about it, it got quite heated at one point, i was told it could possibly be done but nobody would be interested in doing it because it was such an old exploit

I would like to see it too, but think that ship may have sailed sadly

6. Substance12

Substance12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 2, 2015
    Argentina
    I thought the MSET exploit only gave access to ARM9? The Homebrew Launcher needs ARM11.

peteruk likes this.
  7. Roboman

Roboman GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    Arm9 Is the system's security processor. With arm9 you could easily tell the arm11 to run arbitrary code, even if it's not signed.

TehVillylol and peteruk like this.