Question about wup installer mod y to USB

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by ddurdle, Dec 6, 2016.

1. ddurdle
    OP

ddurdle GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2015
    Canada
    I was wondering that when installing to USB with "wup installer mod y", if it modifies the SYSNAND or REDNAND in anyway?

I normally use REDNAND, but I want to store games on a SD card for installing on a different SD card then the one that stores my REDNAND. I was planning on not booting into CFW when I install games to USB with "wup installer mod y", then when I play those games, then insert the correct SD card (one with REDNAND), boot up CFW and run the games off the USB.

any issue?

2. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    that won't work when you install a game to usb it still installs a file to the sysnand/rednand this is called a ticket and ita used when the game is booted. if you install it without being in rednand your game will only boot from sysnand as the ticket will be installed to the sysnand.

3. ddurdle
    OP

ddurdle GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2015
    Canada
    Thank you for the reply. I was wondering where the ticket would be installed on a "install to USB" install.

So, I guess if you install a game when in SYSNAND, then REDNAND won't be able to play the game, but can it be still re-installed when in REDNAND to get the ticket installed?

4. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Yes just reinstall it to rednand to get the ticket.