Oxa

Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing around with WADs and I installed a few WiiWare titles. Due to the wii's limited internal memory...

I ask how is it possible to play it from SD. When I unpack and install a WAD to the system menu and I go to move it (not copy it) to the SD card, then I try to run it from SD. I am on system menu 4.1 using a NTSC-U wii.

When I try to run the WAD a message comes up: "Failed to launch."

This has something to do with the SD feature that comes in system menu 4.- not being able to read fakesigned WADs right?

So what needs to be done to be able to utilize the SD card to launch the installed WADs?

Edit:

Note: Must have Wii Menu Version 4.0 or above for this to work.
1. Download the latest GeckoOS off the Homebrew Browser[Utilities Category].(Should be v1.9.2 or Higher)
2. Install the VC or Wiiware WAD to the WII.
3. Copy the WAD's channel to your SD card.
4. Delete the WAD's Channel off the WII. DO NOT UNINSTALL THE WAD!
5. Now Open GeckoOS and select "Launch Rebooter". DO NOT CHANGE ANY SETTINGS!
6. Now Open the SD card Menu and Load the Game like usual.
-Repeat Steps 5 and 6 whenever you want to play the WAD.

TaDa!! You are now playing your WAD off Your SD.

PS: If you want you can Install a GeckoOS WAD to your WII for ease of use.(Doesn't have to be the latest GeckoOS but please note that to activate the Rebooter in older GeckoOS versions you have to press the B button on the main menu)

Just to let you people know I use this all the Time and it Works 100% with all VC and Wiiware games. I haven't tried it with Custom Channel WADs but you guys are welcome to try.

Taken from another website.

----

I'm not sure how to properly patch my IOS60. I kept reading around that it's dangerous to mess around with IOS60.

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't run any patcher for IOS60.

If you want to run VC/WiiWare off the SD card then Get DOP IOS MODv6/v7 which ever one works.

And make sure to install IOS60v6714 (If you're on 4.0-4.1) with Sig Hash Check. Then it should be able to work.

But if you're on 4.2 then get DOP IOS MODv6/v7 and install IOS70 with sig hash check.

It should work
smile.gif

Oxa

Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dai-a said:
Don't run any patcher for IOS60.

If you want to run VC/WiiWare off the SD card then Get DOP IOS MODv6/v7 which ever one works.

And make sure to install IOS60v6714 (If you're on 4.0-4.1) with Sig Hash Check. Then it should be able to work.

But if you're on 4.2 then get DOP IOS MODv6/v7 and install IOS70 with sig hash check.

It should work
smile.gif

Can you go into a little more detail? ._. That's very vague. I mean, I could just search around the forums for more info on Sig Hash Check and IOS60v6714...

I'm on sys menu 4.1.

Hey, i'm not doing anything with Dop-IOS if it involves altering my IOS60 until I know exactly what I'm doing. So can you please clarify this? I don't want to brick my wii.

I downloaded DOP-IOS MOD v7 and I am at the screen that says Which IOS would you like to use to install other IOSs?

Should I pick 249?

Picked 249 and went to IOS.

"Select the IOS you want to dop." IOS60 - Currently installed v6174.

I'm not going any farther until a reply or I find something.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
yep, you want to patch ios60 using dop-ios.

the latest version wont download stubs, so its fine unless something happens like the power going out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1