Question about vWii softmod and repairs

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Juhjj, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Juhjj
    OP

Juhjj Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2015
    United States
    I have a black Wii u. Recently, it wouldn't accept discs. They would only go halfway in. I called Nintendo, and they said they'd repair it for free even though the warranty had expired. I packaged it and sent it in yesterday, but I forgot I had the hbc installed in vWii. Today I got an email saying Nintendo has received my package and that I would get another email when the repair is over. What are the chances of them discovering my hack? They rep on the phone told me not to pack and discs or gamepads because this was a disc drive problem and they wouldn't be looking at the software. Am I in the clear?

2. Saturngamer1

Saturngamer1 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2014
    Canada
    I can't really offer much in the way of useful information on what nintendo may or may not do while they have your system but if they are intending to send it back with saves etc, I doubt they would wipe the memory. To check if the new drive is working doesn't require loading virtual wii(unless they are being super thorough I guess, but if wii u games work I don't see why they would waste time with wii). I guess if this happens to me maybe I'll move homebrew channel down a bunch of screens and hope they don't notice. I think the worst thing that will happen is they might reset your system to factory and undue the softmod. Let me know how it turns out