Hardware Question about updates

thegreatentropy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello. In November, I bougth a 3DS so I could download the Pokémon app before the most recent update. I also bougth a R4i3D (NEW), because I needed a new one, as I was going to give my DSi to my nephew, and this was the only flashcard on sale. Since then, I updated once, and my 3DS have the new one donwloaded, just waiting to be instaled. The question is:if I instal this update, will it do any damage to my 3DS sistem, like stopping the download of more Pokémon for the pokédex, or blocking the access to the internet, or even stopping me to, in the future, use some thing in the console? the r4 sometimes give some errors, so it could also make it worse?

Also, sorry if there's some error, English isn't my first language.

TheZoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello fellow brazilian,

Updating the 3DS won't damage your 3DS unit at all.

About the flash cart, there's some bricking rumors going around. There's no way to tell if it will brick your system or not in future, but, up to this point, nobody had issues with a bricked 3DS.
Personally, I keep my Nintendo DS Lite for homebrew and stuff, and I keep flashcarts away from my 3DS.

About working flashcarts, you can check the Firmware Update Compilation Thread and check if your flashcart is listed there.

Also, since you're planning to give your DSi to your nephew, I suggest that you "lent" it to him, so you can update your flashcard whenever you have issues with it.

If you have any doubts, please, ask.

I hope this helps :)

Reactions: 1 person

thegreatentropy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the info, now I already updated to 3.0-6, and its working fine, and now I'm using my old, stable purple R4iTT card again (got a second purple R4iTT to give to my nephew), but I heard something and wanted to be sure: if I use it on my 3DS while the wi-fi is on, can it be blocked (as in, the flashcard stops working)?.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk