Hardware Question about the Yellow Tint on the Screen(s) of N3DSXLs

CheatJoker008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I've heard that the reason for the yellow tint problem is that the glue used in screens haven't dried up completely, so here brings the question:
Will the yellowish tint ever fade away?

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS suffers from a bit of display lottery in which devices can vary greatly. Nintendo doesn't seem to care much about their displays. Some people have yellow tinted screens, some have IPS screen on top and TN on bottom, some double TN, double IPS, some people have cooler colors.

In your circumstance, the most you can do is turn off power save mode which makes the colors appear cooler and less yellow.

CheatJoker008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
The 3DS suffers from a bit of display lottery in which devices can vary greatly. Nintendo doesn't seem to care much about their displays. Some people have yellow tinted screens, some have IPS screen on top and TN on bottom, some double TN, double IPS, some people have cooler colors.

In your circumstance, the most you can do is turn off power save mode which makes the colors appear cooler and less yellow.
Contrary to most other, or at least your case, turning on power save mode actually makes the color temperature of my top screen warmer but does the opposite for my bottom screen, which makes the whole situation more apparent.
Also in my case, turning 3D on actually makes the top screen 'whiter', but the color difference is still somewhat visible. The yellow tint isn't all that apparent, but it really gets into my mind once I notice it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Bitcoin on the other hand, requires a very powerful mining rig and is more costly.