Hacking Question about the Twilight Hack.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Screemer said:
an other question. is it possible to replace the two not needed saveslots in the hack with to slots out of a legit twp savegame? i am asking because i played a lot and it would be great to keep my saves. right now i deleted the tw-hack after installing hbc and wanted to install it again to be on the save side.
let's bring up my question i asked yesterday again. is it possible somehow?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@screemer,

bushing would be able to tell you, mostly cause he's fully explained it a few times before, I just don't remember what he said.

you could probably start a game in the third TP-hack slot, but I'm not sure that is true.

pretty sure he said it would take a lot of work to get a legit slot-save transferred in from another savefile,
if thats what you were asking.

I don't think "impossible" was ever said though.

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
You can delete the useless Twilight Hack save on the USA version (the one that does NOT match your game's version). And you should be able to start normal games on the two free slots. Do NOT move the Twilight Hack slot though, it'll break the hack.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
noobwarrior7 said:
@screemer,

bushing would be able to tell you, mostly cause he's fully explained it a few times before, I just don't remember what he said.

you could probably start a game in the third TP-hack slot, but I'm not sure that is true.

pretty sure he said it would take a lot of work to get a legit slot-save transferred in from another savefile,
if thats what you were asking.

I don't think "impossible" was ever said though.
thx. i thought that there might be a easy way to do so. i'll just finish tp with my save and install the tw-hack afterwards again.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
marcan said:
You can delete the useless Twilight Hack save on the USA version (the one that does NOT match your game's version). And you should be able to start normal games on the two free slots. Do NOT move the Twilight Hack slot though, it'll break the hack.
Yeah, I tried this as well. One thing you might want to remember is that Nintendo might try to delete the Twilight Hack using a future update. I used to have Twilight Hack alpha 3 installed, and I used the second slot for my normal TP file. When 3.3E was released, my save was deleted... Nowadays I just keep the Twilight Hack on an SD card. My save file is a separate file. It's better that way
unsure.gif

TwilightFireFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to beat a dead horse into the ground with these questions. I promise these will be the last ones for this but If the USA hack is copied onto my Wii and I already have the HBC installed from the first time.

Is it ok just having TW Hack on my Wii's Data Management without Booting the Unix/Dos looking screens again?

Not sure how protected I am with the TC hack itself. I don't know how it really works and its the only brew besides the HBC channel I have installed on the Wii. Different scene but the PSP Custom FW has a hidden menu where you can reinstall original firmware on.

Is there something similar for the Wii and has there actually been allot of Wii's bricking? That will make me think twice already about what I'm doing here. All I'm interested in is some emu's. Stuff that will probably never be released on the VC which I already have a ton of anyways.

EDIT: I was in the middle of typing this before I seen Screemer's post. That answered my question about booting/executing it. Will execute again but I still don't know how it protects me though.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you don't install any WAD-files there's no need for the Twilight Hack. You have already installed the Homebrew Channel, so just delete the Twilight Hack, start a new save for Zelda and enjoy your emulators via the Homebrew Channel. There's barely any risk as long as you don't install WAD-files.

TwilightFireFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
If you don't install any WAD-files there's no need for the Twilight Hack. You have already installed the Homebrew Channel, so just delete the Twilight Hack, start a new save for Zelda and enjoy your emulators via the Homebrew Channel. There's barely any risk as long as you don't install WAD-files.

Cool. That's all I'm going to be using the brew for now. Glad I get keep all my save slots on Zelda and play a little Chrono Trigger. Which I'll still buy on the VC like I did with Super Mario RPG If it ever came out. Hope we get Majora's Mask soon. Thanks.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwilightFireFox said:
That answered my question about booting/executing it. Will execute again but I still don't know how it protects me though.

I can answer that, actually, I have already.

3.3 users without the TP hack who install wads, if they install a bad one, will be fully-bricked...period.

Equation: 3.3 SysSoftware - TP Hack + bad banner = banner brick = FULL BRICK

see more info here.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marcan said:

cool, so to recap:

if you use the USA TP Hack (which has two saves for two different game versions)
you can delete the slot(/version) you don't use,
and use that and the other free one, and they should work fine.
Other regions only have one slot on their TP-Hack,
so you can use the two free ones as-is.

however, you can't "inject" saves from another save file, in any simple way,
and this TP hack could still get deleted by a future wii update.
also, don't move the TP hack slot, or it won't work anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL