Question about the referral program

Discussion in 'Online Stores and Purchases' started by xakota, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xakota
    OP

xakota GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2010
    United States
    Whenever I put a link up on (a certain website), it's changed to "?ref=(my ref number)&(a certain website)". is the "&(a certain website)" at the end that gets put there for some reason going to mess with whether or not i get the store credit?

2. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    Edit out the name of that romsite before you get moderated.

But I guess that may be that site letting Shoptemp know where the link is coming from.

For example http://shoptemp.com/?ref=900&gbatemp might let them know that someone from GBAtemp, clicked my referral link.

3. xakota
    OP

xakota GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2010
    United States
    Thanks, I didn't know that romsite wasn't allowed, I thought only requesting roms was forbidden. But my question is, is it going to effect whether or not I get credited, or i will i get credited normally?

4. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    To be honest, I really can't say...
    If you really must know, go open a support ticket at Shoptemp and ask them directly.

5. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    I know what site you're referring to, as I've talked to its owner before. I think referral links are not allowed on that forum.
    So your referral thing is overriden by that site's. Contact him directly if you have more questions about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.