Question about the Acekard sticker

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by delete12345, Mar 2, 2010.

Mar 2, 2010
  1. delete12345
    OP

Member delete12345 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Do most, if not all, Acekard(s) have this "square", glossy shape on the sticker shown in the picture on the page below?

Link to Yahoo! Taiwan Shopping Center.

For those curious about this page, I ordered it, but I didn't pay for it yet.

Thanks in advance.

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    No only the older ones or the recent clones, the square is from an Actel chip underneath the sticker and the case has a window in to accomidate this chip. Newer Acekards have a slimmer blob chip underneath. It's probably just an old photo as it's also in clamshell packaging, they now come in a cardboard box without the TF card reader.

3. delete12345
    OP

United States
    So...it's either the former or the latter.

This is the only place I know in Taiwan where they sell Acekards...[​IMG] What am I suppose to do?

4. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    It's an older photo, probably not even their photo I imagine the've just pulled it off the internet. May have no reflection on what they actually send. It probably wouldn't hurt to Email them, you will also get an idea of what their customer service is like then too.

Can you not buy from China/ HongKong?

5. supervenice

Member supervenice GBAtemp Regular

United States
    actually,i think its the original....look for the acekard 2i review in gbatemp.net home...you will see the same picture...maybe they have newer ones..or thats an old photo....but i think its the originalll...

so if its a fake....tell gbatemp..to change the picture in their review....hahahah.. [​IMG]

6. delete12345
    OP

United States
    What am I supposed to do about it? Almost 99% of our products are pre-made in China. And since we live very close to China, Japan, and Korea, it's very difficult to find a reseller that resells products from Western countries. (Due to the expensive foreign taxes)

EDIT: This picture below:

[​IMG]

Has similar sticker patterns just like what I've seen in Yahoo! Taiwan...What is going on!?

EDIT 2:

Can anyone comfirm the picture GBATemp.net provided is an older one or not? It's for comparison purposes only, and I have no intentions to cause a disturbance. Thanks in advance.

7. supervenice

United States
    http://www.0shippingzone.com/acekard-acekard-p-319.html

hey go to these...its a kinda free delivery..but your in the taiwan and im in the philippines....almost super close...

the delivery of my acekard 2i..is kinda free.because its close...try yours....if its not free just add 2$......but try emailing the owner...he answers quickly...

they sell original here...because i got this site on the acekard 2i site...

8. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    This what what currently shipping AK2i's should look like[​IMG]

$12.97USD delivered from DX, which are in Hong Kong which is meant to be a tax free port.

0SZ are also fine to buy from.

In the Yahoo wesbite you link it states the price as 990, If this is New Tawian Dollars = 30.92USD or if Chinese Yuan = 145.11USD. So that place isn't cheap either.

In the GBATemp review they did their review as soon as the AK2i came out, hence the older AK2i in their photos.

9. delete12345
    OP

United States
    So, according to the stickers shown (provided by both of you guys), there shouldn't be any "square" patterns.

However, other non-Acekard-related problems arise:

1. I can't order overseas. I'm underage.
    2. I have never pre-ordered anything outside of my country.
    3. I don't have US dollar bills; only New Taiwan Dollars (NTD).
    4. Due to all of the above, I have no experiences with this.

When opening the cardboard box, is there a plastic container that protects the card itself? The link that supervenice provided has one picture along with the original ones.

EDIT: Didn't see you edited your post, tk_saturn.

Yes, it's New Taiwan Dollars. It's about $31 dollars (like you said). It's due to the high oil prices we have here (Gotta hate our domestic problems...).

10. supervenice

United States

oh...were the same.hahaha...what i did was...i have a cousin that has a credit card...so we converted the money...in pesos(Philippine currency) and i paid her...problem solved...or you have a friend..or someone you know...that u can borrow a credit card from......

or go to ebay.com.tw......

find someone that is selling an acekard 2i....because that is ebay.taiwan...that is local...you leave them some message if they can do meetups..

just be "street smart" if you wanna do meetups...okay.......BUT if you dont have any way...just stick to that yahoo taiwan....i think its original....but before you but it contact them..that your gonna buy it and get the WAYBILL number from them so you can ask like fedex if it is really on its way.....

hope that helps.... [​IMG]

11. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    Because of the prices I would beg a parent or friend with a PayPal account to order you one from DX or 0SZ. If not, you have no choice but to buy it from the Yahoo site.

Even if it were one in a plastic case and raised chip, it should still work.

12. delete12345
    OP

United States
    Thank you, to the both of you. Currently, I've done what tk_saturn suggested (email to Yahoo! about the product), and I'm waiting on their reply.

Will post back here once I received their reply.

13. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    geez I lol'd when I read the topic title. I knew this thread was going to be about "am I buying a fake" Question about the AK sticker... [​IMG] Anyway, no one wants to buy a fake/clone so I understand your concern, just don't understand the deceptive title. Good luck with your reply from Yahoo [​IMG]

14. delete12345
    OP

United States
    Alright, I got something.

First, they appreciate customer feedback, which came while I was sleeping.

They told me to wait for a bit while to receive the response from the manufacturer.

After some long working hours (from 8:00 AM through 7:00 PM), I finally received a response.

They say they have contacted with the manufacturer, and they say it's the legitimate version of Acekard.

I still have 1 more day before I have to make a choice on buying it or not.

Should I ask:

"Is there an Actel chip underneath the sticker?"

Thanks in advance.

15. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Well, logic would tell me you don't have the time to ask [​IMG] It's pure mathematics...as they would have to refer to the manufacturer again, which would take "some l-o-n-g working hours = there's your "one more day" gone.

I would cancel, but I'm not restricted from buting from any country, like you have stated. If it's your only option - it's your only option. At the end of the day, we're not talking 'sheep stations' here.

16. delete12345
    OP

United States
    Alright then. Thank you!

17. supervenice

United States
    hey....go here http://www.acekard.com/news.php#79.......

so if there's an actel chip..its fake...cause they are not creating that kind of card anymore,cause they are using a new chip...i circle one i think...hope this helps..

18. delete12345
    OP

United States
    Just by looking at the sticker for signs of bumps, without peeling or anything, how do you tell it's an Actel chip?

If I can verify that it's an Actel chip without peeling off the sticker, I can easily get a replacement. But I need proof that it's an Actel chip and I need step-by-step instructions on how to tell an Actel chip without doing any obvious physical damages to the product.

Unless some dude famously invented a cheap machine that let us view stuffs under a paper or anything that's 2mm thick, I call this "Mission Impossible".

19. supervenice

United States
    well...the chip is "protruding"...the actel chip that is......so if it's the new original acekard.....

there will be no bulging chip because,they are now using a flat circle one.....the actel chip is just covered by the acekard label on the FRONT...so you can easily notice........