Question about SNEmulDS, having audio issues

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by thebatdadd, Jul 27, 2014.

1. thebatdadd
    OP

thebatdadd GBAtemp Regular

Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    I see on the SNEmulDS compatibility list that games such as Super Mario World and Super Mario All-Stars have the audio working. The problem is, the audio is not working for me. For most games on SNEmulDS, I have to disable the sound in the options menu or else the game freezes on a frame right when I load the rom. Therefore I have to disable the audio in order to let the games run. This is the case with Mega Man X, Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2, and Super Mario World/All-Stars. The only game that seems to work with audio still enabled is A Link to the Past (thankfully!).

Can anyone confirm or deny if any of the titles I listed have the audio working or not? I really would like to play these games with working audio if possible. I have a DS Lite, a 3DS, and a 3DS XL, and have also used the flash card on a 2DS. There is no difference between them, they all have the same issue when it comes to audio in SNES games using SNEmulDS.

I am using an r4i gold revolution card if that helps. Any ideas?

2. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    The emulator's audio is still in beta state. Download a new version of SNEmulDS if you have an outdated version.