Hacking Question About Sky3DS

Lord Vader

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm pretty new to the 3DS flashcart scene. I had an R4 on the DS some years ago, but that's about it.

Anyway, simple question. I'm aware that you need a decent class 10 mSD for the Sky3DS. That's all good. I still have my 2GB Toshiba SD in my 3DS, and I'm wondering if it'd be necessary to upgrade that to use the Sky? From what I've read, it seems like the big SD is irrelevant, but I just want to make sure. I haven't upgraded because I don't really download anything and it seemed like a waste, really.

So yeah, should I upgrade my (big) SD before I buy the Sky?

Thanks.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use what you got until you need something bigger, thats the only you YOURSELF will know if a class 10 XXgb micro sd card is irrelevant or not.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@tony_2018 you misunderstood the question, he is asking if it makes a difference to have a low class SD card in the 3DS, not the one for the Sky3ds.

@Lord Vader The SD memory card in your 3DS is irrelevant, you could even have one of those old 16MB SD cards that came with digital cameras in the old times and it still wouldn't matter.

Lord Vader

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks. One more question though... What brand should I get? I usually buy Kingston SDs & mSDs but I hear they have issues with Sky?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest Sandisk Ultra class 10, you can buy the 32GB one from Amazon for like $13, I literally have like 8 of them across all my 3DS's, R4i's, Sky3ds, cellphones and cameras. Never had an issue with them.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wouldn't buy a sky3ds if you intend on playing games still to be released. In time, new games will all include an antipiracy flag protection which sky3ds can't beat without a hardware revision (which they won't give their customers for free)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool