Question about replacing bgm

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by zac122, Nov 21, 2015.

1. zac122
    OP

zac122 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    I dumped the ace attorney trilogy files, and all the sound files were on one place. How do I go about replacing these? Is it just a matter of converting the new stuff I want to the proper format, or is there a file size limit?

Obviously I'm trying to make ace attorney with custom music. If anyone is interested feel free to suggest some stuff to put in there. Total of 157 bgm files iirc, so I'll need some help filling it up XD

2. Thelostrune

Thelostrune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 13, 2015
    Norway
    The file types?

3. zac122
    OP

zac122 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    All the bgm files are in bcstm format. I assumed I would need to convert the music I wanted over to that to be able to put it in.

4. Thelostrune

Thelostrune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 13, 2015
    Norway
    There are tutorials on this. Check the YATA+ thread, I believe.

5. zac122
    OP

zac122 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    I know how to convert them. I was worried though that the game would have the same limit on size as themes do.

6. Traiver

Traiver GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 1, 2014
    Germany
    Pew! *Out of the bag*
    Every bcstm file shouldnt over 7MB. For the rest: The game will be compressed enough so you wont have worries about that.

7. zac122
    OP

zac122 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    So just keep it under 7mb and I'll be cool to put stuff in there? Sounds good. Thanks for the quick replies guys.

8. zac122
    OP

zac122 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    sorry for the double post

I was looking at the wrong stuff earlier. long story short I was incredibly tired yesterday. the sound files are actually in .dspadpcm format. I looked around for a bit, but all I found was a fork of audacity that can convert audio into file formats related to dspadpcm files for gamecube games(.dsp, .csmp, .fsb.strm, and .rsf.strm). in fact all I can find is stuff for the gamecube when I look around on the interwebs. unfortunately i'm not seeing anything on the actual file extension ".dspadpcm" though.

9. zac122
    OP

zac122 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    Le bump

Anyone have any info?