Homebrew question about port

bob1212

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then sounds like torn pads
I remember my brother tried to fix it by charging it by making the port into a android port it didn’t work or my brother didn’t have enough time but what he did is he charged the vita with a ps4 controller battery but it takes too long so he gave up

Last edited by bob1212,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember my brother tried to fix it by charging it by making the port into a android port it didn’t work or my brother didn’t have enough time but what he did is he charged the vita with a ps4 controller battery but it takes too long so he gave up
Then take the vita apart and post clear close up pics of the pcb port area

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If the port was completely sheared off then the likelyhood pads were torn off the PCB in the process increases exponentially with the amount of pads. Some are redundant, like multiple grounds, so you can get away with just bridging them. If an essential one is damaged, you'll have to trace it back to the next component in line or, if one can't be located, you'll have to create a new pad. That's getting a bit ahead of ourselves - if all you need to do is charge the system, all you need is the positive and ground.

This will help:
https://playstationdev.wiki/psvitadevwiki/index.php?title=Pinout

You're lucky in the sense that you have a lot of blank pads and resistors in the vicinity of the port, so you can use some of them to recover from your booboo. All you need is a +5V pin (16/17, both connected to a resistor, marked 4 on the zoom) and a ground (GND, doesn't matter which one) to charge. For communication you'll also need USB D+ and D- (bypass marked on zoom as 2 and 3).

bob1212

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• D601E2D4-1D07-4B25-829D-4063359BDF44.jpeg
    D601E2D4-1D07-4B25-829D-4063359BDF44.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's the opposite side of what we needed to see, but regardless, the link above should have everything you need to know in regards to hooking up a USB charger to this thing. It also seems like the port is still there, so I'm a bit confused now, but hey. :P

bob1212

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the opposite side of what we needed to see, but regardless, the link above should have everything you need to know in regards to hooking up a USB charger to this thing. It also seems like the port is still there, so I'm a bit confused now, but hey. :P
The metal part that the charger goes into is gone

Last edited by bob1212,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn auto bots not pissing oil at o' rileys