Question about patching RO DS.

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by RyuKisargi, Mar 2, 2009.

Mar 2, 2009
  1. RyuKisargi
    OP

Member RyuKisargi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can you patch the already-patched version? Like when the creator releases the next patch or something.

And will savegames and whatnot still work?

Thanks in advance.

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    It has been asked and answered here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=127993
    The answer is No. You need to use the original ROM. There are no consecutive patches as of yet.
    Maybe when the translation is nearly finished and we don't have anything to release as frequently.

3. Noitora

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    This board is not about one damn translation project, why didn't you ask in the translation thread?

4. RyuKisargi
    OP

Member RyuKisargi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This can be closed then, mostly because the last question I asked in a multipage thread (( Dragon Quest 5 )) was never answered, and was lost in torrents of others. [​IMG]

I'm not sure if I was clear enough, but I'll just finish it till I can't read it and wait for a more complete patch.

From this I can assume other games with patches are the same, so let's say the next patch for RO DS makes mine unusable (( Original rom or no )) I can just hold off and wait, same for any other patch.

5. Edragon

Member Edragon GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Erm.. the save game still work if im not wrong. so u only need to repatch the original roms